The Worst Moments of St. Louis Sports in 2011

A forum for non-baseball sports
fanforever
Retired

Re: The Worst Moments of St. Louis Sports in 2011

Post by fanforever »

I believe the American League team in LA should be : Albert Angels of Los Angeles...from now on

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

JackofDiamonds wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote: They were by far the worst 10 minutes of the year, though. It's embarrassing to admit this, but I was physically nauseous after Hamilton hit that home run. I had to sit down and miss the rest of the half inning because I was so dizzy.
Ha. Yeah, and a lot of people probably felt the same way.

This is an apples and oranges comparison here bc of the circumstances, but I was so much more upset by any walk/hit (hell it seems like even a strike called a ball by the ump) in NLDS game 5 than I was by Hamilton's HR in Game 6. In that game 5, it just seemed the cards were going to have to hang on to a 1 run lead all game long and even if they let the Phils tie it, they would likely lose. In Game 6 of the WS, it felt like they would win...no matter what. I'm probably in the minority, but I was never as worried - even in the bottom of the 9th or top of the 10th - as I was for the entirety of Game 5 NLDS.
Totally opposite feeling. I could not have been more confident with a 1 run lead in Philly, but I was a broken man after Hamilton's HR.
I thought for certain the game was over after Hamilton's HR.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

TheoSqua wrote:
JackofDiamonds wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote: They were by far the worst 10 minutes of the year, though. It's embarrassing to admit this, but I was physically nauseous after Hamilton hit that home run. I had to sit down and miss the rest of the half inning because I was so dizzy.
Ha. Yeah, and a lot of people probably felt the same way.

This is an apples and oranges comparison here bc of the circumstances, but I was so much more upset by any walk/hit (hell it seems like even a strike called a ball by the ump) in NLDS game 5 than I was by Hamilton's HR in Game 6. In that game 5, it just seemed the cards were going to have to hang on to a 1 run lead all game long and even if they let the Phils tie it, they would likely lose. In Game 6 of the WS, it felt like they would win...no matter what. I'm probably in the minority, but I was never as worried - even in the bottom of the 9th or top of the 10th - as I was for the entirety of Game 5 NLDS.
Totally opposite feeling. I could not have been more confident with a 1 run lead in Philly, but I was a broken man after Hamilton's HR.
i mean honestly, we had descalso, jay (0 for 1000 in the playoffs), and the pitcher spot (with no available pinch hitters) coming up in the bottom of the 10th

to get 2 runs from that was a miracle

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Secret Weapon wrote:
TheoSqua wrote:[
i mean honestly, we had descalso, jay (0 for 1000 in the playoffs), and the pitcher spot (with no available pinch hitters) coming up in the bottom of the 10th

Yeah, it was absolutely awesome.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

I'm a little surprised nothing about the Blues made the list; Halak's bad year after the big contract, Oshie/MacDonald injuries, Perron concussion, etc......some possibilities that may qualify.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I feel like we should redo this list to avoid McKernan taking a huge shot to his already [expletive] rep.
sincere question, what is up with his rep?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Secret Weapon wrote: i mean honestly, we had descalso, jay (0 for 1000 in the playoffs), and the pitcher spot (with no available pinch hitters) coming up in the bottom of the 10th

To add to the level of difficulty, Texas also had a lefty on the mound (Jay .727 OPS against, Descalso .518). Absolutely the most underrated part of that game and the series. Those two guys being able to scratch out two hits against Oliver to lead off the inning.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

docellis wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I feel like we should redo this list to avoid McKernan taking a huge shot to his already [expletive] rep.
Sports wise, I don't know if he has one. [expletive] was probably the wrong word. I always think of him more of a perverted talk show host that tries to keep up in the sports world.

I take it you like him?

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
docellis wrote:
Sports wise, I don't know if he has one. [expletive] was probably the wrong word. I always think of him more of a perverted talk show host that tries to keep up in the sports world.

I take it you like him?
I'm in the minority here, but yes, I do like his shows. If you are awake at 7am there isn't much competition until Mike and Mike come on - and I don't like them.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

docellis wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
docellis wrote:

I take it you like him?
I'm in the minority here, but yes, I do like his shows. If you are awake at 7am there isn't much competition until Mike and Mike come on - and I don't like them.

Npr, music, silence and nails on a chalkboard are all preferable.