SuperBowl 2012

A forum for non-baseball sports
ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

SuperBowl 2012

Post by ghostrunner »

Went downtown last night for a couple hours with the family after reading some of the good press. Gotta say, my city's pulling this thing off pretty nicely. Though the ridiculously good weather helps too.

Walked in right where the big zipline is set up and then made our way past some tents and a guy doing an ice sculpture. Didn't pony up for the NFL Experience, which would have been $75 for all of us so my son could kick a football. Accidented our way into front row seats for a sideshow and my son freaked out a little over the human blockhead and the sword swallower. Listened to some band for about 10 minutes. Ended up at the giant XLVI letters at the Circle and took pictures like everyone else.

I'm sure we missed a lot, but it's completely packed down there and hard to know where to go next. Everyone seemed to be having a great time though. To hear the media tell it, either Indy has done a really good job or the host cities from the past several years just blew it.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Re: SuperBowl 2012

Post by vinsanity »

I was down there Sunday and it was blistering cold and jam packed. We did do the experience but lines were 45 minutes on the short end, 2 hours on the log end. There was some pretty interesting things like molds of players hands, feet and some of the guys legs. Different history and the like but it seemed like everyone thought Sunday was the day to go because it sounds like things haven't been terrible the last few days - though 50-60 degree weather helps. I'll probably go back down tomorrow night.

It does sound like Indy's done well comparatively. A few friends have volunteered and were saying the NFL Officials said there were 3 volunteers that showed up for everyone 1 in Dallas. It sounds like they've done a good job this year. Glad you enjoyed it.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Go GIANTS!!

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I've heard people on TV try to talk up this game like it's the most anticipated matchup ever, but I don't get that sense at all. I was definitely pulling for the Giants to beat them in 2007. This year I'm pretty indifferent and I feel like a lot of other people are the same way. I guess i would rather the Giants win, but the storylines are going to be nauseating no matter who wins.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Vin and Ghost - are you guys both from Indy? Or living there?

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Socnorb11 wrote:Vin and Ghost - are you guys both from Indy? Or living there?
Yep.

I can almost see Lucas Oil from my porch. Ghost lives a few miles north west.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

I'm gonna sticky this for about a week.

NE used to really bug the [expletive] out of me, but a few years ago I just accepted that they're an incredible organization that's figured out a way for unrivaled success in the salary cap era. It's actually pretty remarkable, and I've got an admiration for them now.

I hate the Mannings almost as much as Ben Stiller so go Pats.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Tambourine Man wrote:I'm gonna sticky this for about a week.

NE used to really bug the [expletive] out of me, but a few years ago I just accepted that they're an incredible organization that's figured out a way for unrivaled success in the salary cap era. It's actually pretty remarkable, and I've got an admiration for them now.

I hate the Mannings almost as much as Ben Stiller so go Pats.
That's more or less where I am with it. Eli is a [expletive] [expletive]. Tom Coughlin bugs the crap out of me. And I'm holding a grudge because the [expletive] Giants have upset two of the best Packers teams in recent memory in the last five years.

I dislike the Pats, but watching Rams fans [expletive] their pants and throw temper tantrums every time the Pats do well gives me tons of enjoyment. So go Pats. Mostly, I don't care about this year's Super Bowl.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I just like to be entertained if my team isn't in the game. Went to SB35 and it sucked ass.

Never really thought that much of Eli but this post season he has won me over. The dude is tough and good. That dick displayer, Roethlisberger, has nothing on Manning.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I'll bet alot of people only go to the SuperBowl once in their life. The team they root for gets in, they decide you only live once, and then decide to go. No offense ghost, but what a kick in the sac that everything came together when the SuperBowl was in Indianapolis. I have nothing against the city, but that would not be high on my list of places to visit in February.