SuperBowl 2012

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrSaigon

Re: SuperBowl 2012

Post by MrSaigon »

Well I guess someone had to win. I'm just sorry it had to be Brady or Manning. I hope the championship ring is acceptable to Archie and Eli. If not, maybe they can demand an exchange.

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

I'm glad I decided to watch after all, and glad that Mario Manningham dropped every goddam pass thrown his way until that last one, because losing that way had to hurt those Patriots [expletive].

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Great game. One of the best catches in a Super Bowl game I have ever seen.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

jim wrote:Great game. One of the best catches in a Super Bowl game I have ever seen.
Yeah, it's hard to overstate how good that catch was.

cpebbles
Perennial All-Star

Post by cpebbles »

Eli Manning made throws into tighter windows than I have ever seen an NFL QB making. That was a very impressive performance.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Terrific game, even if the Patriots had somehow rallied again.

Very fun time at the party where I watched the game. I was the only non-Patriots or Bears fan there, haha.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Some fun with numbers:

Tom Brady has now lost more Super Bowls (2) than both Manning brothers, combined.

The Giants are 3-6 when their opponent scores more than 20 points. 10-1 when they give up 20 or less.

Tom Brady and defense? Average was 22 points per game this year. He's 2-7 in playoffs games his defense gives up more than 21 points. In those loses his team has scored more than 21 points just once. A 34-38 loss to Peyton Manning. In fact, he's scored more than 21 points in just 1 playoff loss. The other 6 losses he's scored just 76 points. Not quite 13 points per game.

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

I'm pretty damn happy I got to experience a superbowl win in person. At least, throwin beers at legit Giants fans throughout the night. I've never been a big NFL guy, but tonight was pretty damn fun. Even if I didn't make as much as a normal Rangers or Knicks game.

(Okay, I'm still kinda pissed off that I didnt make jack squat working a Manhattan bar while their team won the freaking superbowl)

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Lesson wrote:A Ray Vinson commercial just played while showing Albert in the background.

I want to throw up.
[/youtube]

Fan_In_NY
Perennial All-Star

Post by Fan_In_NY »

Maclowery wrote:I'm pretty damn happy I got to experience a superbowl win in person. At least, throwin beers at legit Giants fans throughout the night. I've never been a big NFL guy, but tonight was pretty damn fun. Even if I didn't make as much as a normal Rangers or Knicks game.

(Okay, I'm still kinda pissed off that I didnt make jack squat working a Manhattan bar while their team won the freaking superbowl)
Where in the city is the bar you work at? Around Penn Station? Because i didnt know any bars get packed for knicks and rangers games anymore.

I spent the 2007 Super Bowl at a bar on the east side and that place was packed. Had to have been very high revenue night for the bar and the bartenders. Last night I stayed on the west side of the river, so I don't know if things were different this year.