Junior Seau

A forum for non-baseball sports
clake
All-Star

Junior Seau

Post by clake »

All kinds of reports across the internet that Junior Seau has been found dead in his home. Not sure if anything has been confirmed on the cause and I don't want to post things that may be untrue.

clake
All-Star

Re: Junior Seau

Post by clake »

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-se ... 6F5yrPOx8J

(not a fan of using tmz as a source)

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

http://www.10news.com/news/30993007/detail.html
Oceanside Police have apparently responded to Junior Seau's home on South The Strand in Oceanside. The Chargers Hall Of Famer killed himself, a witness who heard the news from police told 10News.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

wow - CTE? You have to wonder.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

stlouie_lipp wrote:wow - CTE? You have to wonder.
Yep. Goodbye texts to loved ones and gunshot to the chest. The Dave Duerson playbook exactly. Noble and tragic.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Suicide rates amongst ex football and hockey players seem high. I wonder if numbers bear it out. And if they do, will some of you change your views on how those sports should be played.

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

8th member of the '94 Chargers Super Bowl team to pass.

LB David Griggs - DWI car crash
RB Rodney Culver - plane crash
LB Doug Miller - struck by lightning, twice
C Curtis Whitley - OD
DE Chris Mims - cardiac arrest
DT Shawn Lee - cardiac arrest
LB Lew Bush - heart attack
DE Junior Seau - gunshot

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

lukethedrifter wrote:Suicide rates amongst ex football and hockey players seem high. I wonder if numbers bear it out. And if they do, will some of you change your views on how those sports should be played.
Have you not been following the CTE saga for the last two years? I'm not being flippant. It started with a GQ article a few years ago. Suicide, depression, chronic migraines and in some cases violent and/or paranoia are alarmingly high among people suffering from post-concussion syndrome (CTE/chronic traumatic encephalopathy) and the highest incidents are in pro athletes in contact sports.

longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Post by longhornbaseball »

So sad.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

bob thrill wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Suicide rates amongst ex football and hockey players seem high. I wonder if numbers bear it out. And if they do, will some of you change your views on how those sports should be played.
Have you not been following the CTE saga for the last two years? I'm not being flippant. It started with a GQ article a few years ago. Suicide, depression, chronic migraines and in some cases violent and/or paranoia are alarmingly high among people suffering from post-concussion syndrome (CTE/chronic traumatic encephalopathy) and the highest incidents are in pro athletes in contact sports.
Of course I have. I have posted here regularly about it. I want to know if actual numbers bear out what appears to be happening and if people here and everywhere would be willing to see their sport change, possibly radically.