2012-2013 NBA Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: 2012-2013 NBA Season

Post by thrill »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Time to change the channel before Bosh does something weird.
Gotta say goodbye to Darth Stern.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

trill wrote:Good lord, what a crazy, Streets of Rage marathon gauntlet this team went through. They are vulnerable, but you have to respect this run.
Do you? I've gained a lot of respect for LeBron. I think any doubts about his competiveness died (some thought they weren't ever warranted, I thought there was some merit to them). But this Heat team learns slow (Danny Green getting five games of free looks, for example), and plays hard sometimes. They made it harder than anyone thought they would have to, but they are the champions. You don't lift the trophy in this league if you're not the best or good and a bit lucky (not the case here) so I guess I do respect that. They worked hard an accomplished what they set out to do, so I guess the answer to my question here is yes, BUT, I get to do it with a cocked eyebrow.

Chances are I would have found a reason to [expletive] my eyebrow anyway. Maybe I should follow The Chosen One's example and try to grow as an individual. (LOL on the auto-edit there.)

Great series.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

It's time to go Tony, it's over.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

JackofDiamonds wrote:Image

It's time to go Tony, it's over.
That's great. Tim Duncan as Red Foreman.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I didn't see much of the game. But, seems like a pretty good win for the Heat. Hats off to them.

Also, how long will the offseason for Leonard (?) be, knowing if he had made both freethrows instead of one at the end of game 6, he'd be a champion right now most likely? Same for Manu, but he's already been there and he's too old to care anyway.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I didn't see much of the game. But, seems like a pretty good win for the Heat. Hats off to them.

Also, how long will the offseason for Leonard (?) be, knowing if he had made both freethrows instead of one at the end of game 6, he'd be a champion right now most likely? Same for Manu, but he's already been there and he's too old to care anyway.
Well Leonard had a great series and Ginobli was absolutely atrocious. Amazingly bad. It was like he played the series in Hulk Hands. If either of them should have regrets...

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

MrSaigon wrote: Well Leonard had a great series and Ginobli was absolutely atrocious. Amazingly bad. It was like he played the series in Hulk Hands. If either of them should have regrets...
Oh no doubt.

But.....you know as well as I do that's not how it goes. You remember the bad, not the good. And, missing a free throw that likely cost you a championship is bad, regardless of how much of teh awesome he was the rest of the series. I mean, I hope he doesn't sulk on it and whatnot, but I'd be pretty depressed.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

A drunken Tim Tebow could have completed more passes than Ginobli.
Ash from Army of Darkness could have dribbled a basketball better.
I've seen less clumsy giraffe births.

Now someone else go:

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I love this quote:
"I have so much respect for them," Dwyane Wade said last night when he was asked about the Spurs. "We went through that whole series and a couple of those guys, I ain't heard their voices yet. They don't say nothing to ya, they just kick your butt. No trash-talking. Kawhi Leonard, I don't even know how he sounds. But he's a bad boy."
Spurs aren't going anywhere. Manu may be done, but the Spurs are the Cardinals. They fill-in a new cog into the machine and keep on rolling.