Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: Rams and other teams 2013 NFL season thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The Rams are offering $100,000 to anyone who correctly predicts what their schedule will be next season.

ntexascardfan
AAA Minor League Player

Post by ntexascardfan »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:The Rams are offering $100,000 to anyone who correctly predicts what their schedule will be next season.
As long as Fisher is the head coach your safe money would be on 7-9 or 8-8.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

ntexascardfan wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:The Rams are offering $100,000 to anyone who correctly predicts what their schedule will be next season.
That's what I thought it would be, but it's not picking the outcome. You have to predict who each opponent will be from week-to-week, along with when the game will be played (Thursday, Sunday or Monday). You also have to guess when the bye will fall.

ntexascardfan
AAA Minor League Player

Post by ntexascardfan »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
ntexascardfan wrote:
That's what I thought it would be, but it's not picking the outcome. You have to predict who each opponent will be from week-to-week, along with when the game will be played (Thursday, Sunday or Monday). You also have to guess when the bye will fall.
That makes sense, I suppose I should reach closer. :)

That seems it would be almost as difficult as predicting March Madness, though I suppose with the NFL you may be able to piece parts of it together from previous schedules.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
ntexascardfan wrote:
Opponents are already released, so it's really just a matter of putting them in order. I would assume you don't have to worry about any Thursday or Monday games for the Rams.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

This is pretty crazy and pretty nasty. He's done playing, I guess.

Russell Allen suffered a stroke on the field during a game vs the Bills
In an interview with TheMMQB.com, Allen said he initially thought he had suffered a concussion after colliding with Bills center Eric Wood early in the second half of the Jaguars' 27-20 loss Dec. 15 at EverBank Field. Later in the half, he began experiencing double vision on the sideline, but he went back onto the field and finished the game.
"It was strange because [the hit on Wood] was so routine," Allen told the website. "We hit, I got off the block, no big deal. I felt something flash -- like they say when you get your bell rung. I didn't lose consciousness. I walked back to the huddle and finished the drive."

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Can't help the opponents, but the Rams sked is kinda ridiculous

vs. Vikings
@ Buccaneers
vs. Dallas
Bye
@ Eagles
vs. 49ers (Mon)
vs. Seahawks
@ Chiefs
@ 49ers
@ Cardinals
vs. Broncos
@ Chargers
vs. Raiders
@ Redskins
vs. Cardinals (Thur)
vs. Giants
@ Seahawks

3 years in a row the Week 17 game has been at Seattle, and 4 of the last 5.

The earliest bye week possible.

That 8-game stretch after the bye: 7 of 8 opponents were playoff teams a year ago, the only who didn't make it won 10 games. And in that stretch, 3 straight road games. Good luck.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

How soon will they be selling individual tickets? I HAVE to go to that Nov. 16 game, obviously.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

that does seem like a rough schedule

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

They're not a playoff team this year anyway. Might as well get a good gauge of where they're at by actually playing playoff contenders.