College Football Teams' Fan Bases on Facebook

A forum for non-baseball sports
Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

College Football Teams' Fan Bases on Facebook

Post by Mary1966 »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense ... bases.html
Texans love Texas football, according to data released by Facebook on Friday—and so do New Mexicans, Coloradans, Missourians, and North Dakotans. The Longhorns, in fact, have the most Facebook fans of any current top-25 college football team in 543 different counties around the country. That gives them, by at least one imperfect metric, the nation’s widest fan base.
(spoilered for size)
[SHOW]
Oregon? Not anyone I know in Washington State roots for Oregon.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: College Football Teams' Fan Bases on Facebook

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Mary1966 wrote: Oregon? Not anyone I know in Washington State roots for Oregon.
It doesn't matter how many people you know. That map is mostly pointless because it only looks at teams currently in the top 25. Washington and Washington State (and every other team not ranked) don't get considered. A county is going to show as Oregon even if the true count of fans there is Wash 2000 Wash St 1000 Oregon 10 USC 5 ND 5 or whatever.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Re: College Football Teams' Fan Bases on Facebook

Post by Mary1966 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Mary1966 wrote: Oregon? Not anyone I know in Washington State roots for Oregon.
It doesn't matter how many people you know. That map is mostly pointless because it only looks at teams currently in the top 25. Washington and Washington State (and every other team not ranked) don't get considered. A county is going to show as Oregon even if the true count of fans there is Wash 2000 Wash St 1000 Oregon 10 USC 5 ND 5 or whatever.
That makes more sense. I really need to read things more carefully before I post. :)