Mizzou basketball '13

A forum for non-baseball sports
JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: Mizzou basketball '13

Post by JoeMcKim »

Why not just simply give the job to Fuller?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JoeMcKim wrote:Why not just simply give the job to Fuller?
Maybe appease some of the old alums and give Fuller a trial run.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

lukethedrifter wrote:It's an interesting hire, for certain. Were the alumni really clamoring for him over, say, anyone with any real star potential?

Does Fuller stay? Is he HC in waiting- with KA being 59?
-I'm sure the older alums would've been fine with Marshall. I also think they definitely would've preferred Kim Anderson to Ben Howland, Tim Floyd, and probably anybody else linked to the job that wasn't Marshall.

-It sounds like Fuller is going to stay but I don't think that's confirmed yet. In his introductory press conference, Anderson said he'd be talking to him. I would also think that there's no way to guarantee a "coach in waiting" thing.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JL21 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:It's an interesting hire, for certain. Were the alumni really clamoring for him over, say, anyone with any real star potential?

Does Fuller stay? Is he HC in waiting- with KA being 59?
-I'm sure the older alums would've been fine with Marshall. I also think they definitely would've preferred Kim Anderson to Ben Howland, Tim Floyd, and probably anybody else linked to the job that wasn't Marshall.

-It sounds like Fuller is going to stay but I don't think that's confirmed yet. In his introductory press conference, Anderson said he'd be talking to him. I would also think that there's no way to guarantee a "coach in waiting" thing.
Only KA's mom didn't want Marshall. I preferred the hire made over Floyd, Howland and most of the other non Shaka Smarts out there. Seems like it wouldn't be THAT hard to find the next young, smart, organized, system driven coach out there to me and that's what I'd really want.

As far as HC in waiting, I think it would/could be more of a situation where he's given greater responsibility et al thus giving himself a better CV to get his shot as HC wherever that may be.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Ok, so I'm not a fan of the Kim Anderson hire, but this is good.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Ugh. The Antlers are just the worst.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

That press conference was a snooze fest. I can't imagine hardly any 18 year old kid really wanting to play for that guy.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

All you have to do is tell them they will play as a freshman and he personally knows all the NBA GM's.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Ugh. The Antlers are just the worst.
My first night at Mizzou I went to an antler party. There was a bare-knuckle boxing match in the backyard that they took bets on and I won $18 somehow. Downstairs in the basement they plugged all the drains, ran a hose through a ground-level window, busted out like 20 pairs of water wings and declared a pool party. Later we raced 100 yd dashes while chugging a beer. You had to finish both or it didn't count. It's all blurry. It was a great night and the beginning of the end for me.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I only noticed because I live in Omaha, but Ricky Kreklow is transferring again, this time to Creighton.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/kr ... 2479c.html