Final Four - Who ya got?

A forum for non-baseball sports
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Re: Final Four - Who ya got?

Post by slide_into_first »

It's the blind squirrel theory with Wisconsin for me. IF they play defense and shoot well, ... (same with any other team).

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

well i know theyve played pretty good D in the past and that has been their recipe for success, and i overhead the talking heads saying they have an actual offense as well this year....but i mean, lots of people have them making a deep run.

idk i just dont see it

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

I have 'Sconnie pooping the bed against Creighton in the Sweet Sixteen. KenPom has them at #11 and Creighton at #8. Although in fairness, the Nate Silver projections gave Wisconsin a 40% chance of reaching the Elite Eight, with Creighton coming in at 30% (i.e. Silver thinks 'Sconnie will win).

Still, even if they beat Creighton, KenPom has Arizona as best team in the country and Silver gives them a much better chance of reaching the Final Four than the Badgers.

(I make all my picks off of spreadsheets and then see how I've done once the tournament is over)

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Mich St. because I never go against Izzo in March
Syracuse because they win it all when you don't expect them to but tank when you expect them to win it all.
Louisville because it's a super awesome city and I was there last year during the Final Four and had so much fun.
Arizona because they look like they have a really easy region.

But I've watched about 2 seconds of NCAA basketball since last year's final.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I'm still bitter about being 16-0 after the first day and ending up in last place in our tourney last year.

Time to get the dart board out again.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Losing to Creighton shouldn't be considered pooping the bed.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

anyone know obama's track record in these things? he made the same exact picks as i did from the final 4 on.

(thanks obama)

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I think now that everyone is on the Izzo bandwagon picking Mich St to make a deep run they are going to make an early exit. Either Cincy or Virginia is taking them down.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

nawww

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

go birds wrote:legit question, why does everyone have Wiscy making such a deep run?
The main reason I did was because their bracket looked incredibly weak to me. I did better in this bracket than in any other.

#1 Arizona - I did pick them to the elite 8 because their bracket was so weak, not because I was sold on them.
#3 Creighton - A mid major that lost to #6 Baylor by 30 points. I had them getting beat in the next round, but still. Easy to pick them to go out early.
#4 San Diego St. - Mountain West! See my comment about mid-majors above.
#5 Ohio State - Got beat in the first round by North Dakota State! I always pick one #12 seed to beat a #5 seed, and this was it! Just pure, random luck. This pick was influenced by the ND State t-shirt I bought as a souvinir on a business trip to ND earlier this year.
#6 Baylor - They stomped #3 Creighton. I actually had Creighton beating Baylor, because they are Baylor. Can't pick them all. Either way I knew Wisco would easily beat the winner of Creighton/Baylor.

Also don't forget those first two rounds were played on a "neutral court" in Milwaukee. No way do they lose there.

So then it just came down to a coin toss between AZ and WI, and I went with WI. Just lucky again. I wish I had been as lucky in the other brackets.