Where's the other college football fans?

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Where's the other college football fans?

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Ole miss is a great place to visit. Also a great place to watch a baseball game. You should've gone.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Been a Mizzou fan for 20 years or so, but pretty seriously over the last 10.

I grew up with an LSU family and generally wish them well. But living in Omaha, I'm more excited when LSU is here for the College World Series.

I have a love/hate relationship with Nebraska fans. It's fun & easy to poke the bear because they just get so proud of themselves about the dumbest things.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Mizzou fan for my entire life - both parents went there, and most of my extended family as well.

Tennessee fan since I moved to Knoxville a little over 8 years ago. Graduated from UT in 2011. Coincidentally, the Vols have mostly sucked in the time I've been here.

quietgoesthedon
AA Minor League Player

Post by quietgoesthedon »

Arkansas alum, living in Washington state. Worked at Auburn and Georgia, in days gone by. Wife is a Michigan and Detroit Tiger fan, who graduated from Oregon State. Eldest daughter graduated from Oregon State. Oldest son is going to Oregon State next year.

Dislikes, obviously: Alabama, LSU, Oregon Ducks, USC. I have a love hate relationship with college football. I love the game, but having worked so closely with athletic departments I have a general disgust for the meat market elements of the whole enterprise.

Likes: 1.) Cardinals, 2.) Cardinals, and so on, 8th.) Arkansas football and basketball. 9th.) Trailblazer basketball, 10th Seahawks/Lions (follow the league, not really a fan of any one team).

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

how are you liking bilema (sp?) thus far?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Iowa State fan as far as college. Unfortunately I haven't been to a D1 football game since 1996 when I was up there. Never cared for Mizzou even though I grew up in North County. Too many idiot friends and family who couldn't even name three starters on any team always talked trash about how good Mizzou was going to be and how they were going to this or that bowl game... and then they would win two games. That turned me off completely.

So I thoroughly enjoyed being at the game in Ames when Troy Davis ran for something like 375 yards against Mizzou. That was awesome.

Other than that I've only been to a decent number of Northwest Missouri State games since I had friends who went there. I did make it to the NCAA DII Championship games down in Florence, AL when they won it all in back to back years. That was fun, especially since one year they came back from down 21 in the second half to win it in two or three OTs.

I don't really count the couple of Mizzou vs Illinois games I went to downtown here. I was just there for the tailgating and booze. I don't even remember the actual games much.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

tlombard wrote:Iowa State fan as far as college. Unfortunately I haven't been to a D1 football game since 1996 when I was up there. Never cared for Mizzou even though I grew up in North County. Too many idiot friends and family who couldn't even name three starters on any team always talked trash about how good Mizzou was going to be and how they were going to this or that bowl game... and then they would win two games. That turned me off completely.

So I thoroughly enjoyed being at the game in Ames when Troy Davis ran for something like 375 yards against Mizzou. That was awesome.

Other than that I've only been to a decent number of Northwest Missouri State games since I had friends who went there. I did make it to the NCAA DII Championship games down in Florence, AL when they won it all in back to back years. That was fun, especially since one year they came back from down 21 in the second half to win it in two or three OTs.

I don't really count the couple of Mizzou vs Illinois games I went to downtown here. I was just there for the tailgating and booze. I don't even remember the actual games much.
I can honestly say I've never met an arrogant Mizzou fan. Ever. Mizzou is/are the cubs of college football without the loveable loser mantra or the popularity.