2014 NFL Draft

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: 2014 NFL Draft

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Pretty amazing draft for the Rams so far. I like every pick.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Jocephus wrote:the packers drafted a guy named Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
The grill cook at my work who is a weirdly ridiculous Packers fan was ecstatic about this pick.

The expo who is the only insane Rams fan I know wanted Sam Watkins and Manziel, and is losing his mind over the fact that we drafted tackles and not skill positions on the first two picks. Then one of my tables called Greg Robinson the "second coming of Orlando Pace." I don't care all that much and certainly can't keep up.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Socnorb11 wrote:Say what you want, but the NFL is doing something right. The NBA and MLB drafts can't hold a candle to this.
The MLB draft is taking high school kids that nobody has ever seen, or college kids that almost nobody has ever seen. The NFL draft are talking household names.

I personally am so sick and tired of it. Every day at the health club when I'm shaving they have had it on for like two weeks. I have always hated football people, their attitudes and bizarre way of using the english language, and guys like Ron Jaworski just about want to make me vomit after listening to him for this long.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Rams picked up EJ Gaines in the 6th.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

Jim goes to the gym.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

Also with the NBA you have fewer players and it's more about the lottery picks. I guess

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Rams pick Michael Sam in the 7th.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

jim wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Say what you want, but the NFL is doing something right. The NBA and MLB drafts can't hold a candle to this.
The MLB draft is taking high school kids that nobody has ever seen, or college kids that almost nobody has ever seen. The NFL draft are talking household names.

I personally am so sick and tired of it. Every day at the health club when I'm shaving they have had it on for like two weeks. I have always hated football people, their attitudes and bizarre way of using the english language, and guys like Ron Jaworski just about want to make me vomit after listening to him for this long.
I understand, Jim. I love the MLB draft as well. Nobody (at least nobody that I know of) is having draft parties for the MLB draft, though. As I said, like it or not, you've got to hand it to the NFL for the way they market their product.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

For the big conference draftees-I wonder if the actual aura of playing for a team like the Rams or Jags etc is less than their college experience. eh a dumb thought, of course it is. No way the games at the Jones dome for Robinson and Tre Mason will eclipse the electricity around their big college games. The NFL money eases the disappointment of playing Iin front of 50, 000 or so old men-leavin-game-early-to-beat -traffic-to-catch-wheel of fortune.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

haltz wrote:
Jocephus wrote:the packers drafted a guy named Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
The grill cook at my work who is a weirdly ridiculous Packers fan was ecstatic about this pick.

The expo who is the only insane Rams fan I know wanted Sam Watkins and Manziel, and is losing his mind over the fact that we drafted tackles and not skill positions on the first two picks. Then one of my tables called Greg Robinson the "second coming of Orlando Pace." I don't care all that much and certainly can't keep up.
pretty good corner from bama who was suspended for a few games this year because of marijuana