Hallelujah Brother

Tiger

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Bogey free 65 today.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Tiger

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Ha. Never thought I'd be rooting for him. But, here we are. Hoping he can put it back together and finish off his career in a befitting manner.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Looking forward to the 74-73 weekend and the fanboys being sad again.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

What municipal track was he playing?

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I've always been a fan. He's the only one compelling enough to get me to watch golf on TV regularly. I hope he starts playing at a consistently high level again but I don't think it's going to happen.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:I've always been a fan. He's the only one compelling enough to get me to watch golf on TV regularly. I hope he starts playing at a consistently high level again but I don't think it's going to happen.
+++

It would be a great story if he could become relevant again. Always appreciated his hard work and passion for the game.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Shot 70 today and faltered on the back 9. Looked to me that he got tired down the stretch missing his driver to the right. That's to be expected after his first three competitive rounds in over 430 days. Would like to see him shoot in the 60's tomorrow and finish the tournament without any injury setbacks.

His game looks pretty solid.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Been saying this for a while now but more convinced than ever. He's never going to putt as well as he used to. But if his swing holds up he may follow that country's omg as good as I once was to a t.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

A nice article about how fellow golfers are helping get Tiger back to competitive golf.
The Ryder Cup team’s thread of group texts has become a daisy chain of support for Woods, with Patrick Reed and Bubba Watson, who also served as an assistant captain, among the most active. Reed likes to needle Woods, a 79-time tour winner, by referring to him as his “pod leader.”

After the United States clinched the Ryder Cup, Watson blurted out in the news conference: “I have Tiger’s cellphone number now. Yes! I’m going to text you all the time.” On Tuesday, Woods was asked if Watson had been true to his word. He mouthed an exaggerated “Yes,” but then he broke into a broad smile.

Woods’s fellow golfers, including those like Zach Johnson and Snedeker who are old enough to have lost to him when he was in his prime, read the situation right. They recognized that the first step to making Woods great again was acknowledging his ordinariness.

“You have to joke around with Tiger because he’s lived under a microscope his whole life,” Reed said. “And he’s watched everything he’s had to say everywhere because anything he says or does will get scrutinized. He doesn’t want to be treated like one of the best athletes in the world. He wants to be treated like a normal human being.”
Last edited by Joe Shlabotnik on December 4 16, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:A nicearticle about how fellow golfers are helping get Tiger back to competitive golf.
The Ryder Cup team’s thread of group texts has become a daisy chain of support for Woods, with Patrick Reed and Bubba Watson, who also served as an assistant captain, among the most active. Reed likes to needle Woods, a 79-time tour winner, by referring to him as his “pod leader.”

After the United States clinched the Ryder Cup, Watson blurted out in the news conference: “I have Tiger’s cellphone number now. Yes! I’m going to text you all the time.” On Tuesday, Woods was asked if Watson had been true to his word. He mouthed an exaggerated “Yes,” but then he broke into a broad smile.

Woods’s fellow golfers, including those like Zach Johnson and Snedeker who are old enough to have lost to him when he was in his prime, read the situation right. They recognized that the first step to making Woods great again was acknowledging his ordinariness.

“You have to joke around with Tiger because he’s lived under a microscope his whole life,” Reed said. “And he’s watched everything he’s had to say everywhere because anything he says or does will get scrutinized. He doesn’t want to be treated like one of the best athletes in the world. He wants to be treated like a normal human being.”
That's interesting. he does seem a bit different. He was in his booth after his round and they joked about him coming out of his shell a little bit and being "one of the guys".

His comments on his game were interesting too. I think he's finally realized that chasing the 27 year old Tiger was the wrong approach. He said something like, "I had to learn that I can't power it past that bunker that's out there 300 yards, now I have to go around it".