Mizzou Football '14

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Mizzou Football '14

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Probably need a Mizzou only thread...

That Russ Hansborough run for the third TD was incredible. Tigers are looking good so far. I have a good feeling Mauk is going to tear it up this season.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Re: Mizzou Football '14

Post by JL21 »

I took a nap around halftime, so I've missed all of the second half so far. But from what I've seen, the offense looks really erratic.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

That "offseason distractions" graphic was amazing. They really dug up the Derrick Washington case?

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Mauk is this team's totem animal. Tantalizing potential, loads of inexperience and inconsistency.

I think they'll be fine this year but there could be some frustrating stretches.

Offensively, they could be very explosive, but are going to have trouble staying away from three and outs.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

I don't want to react too much in terms of judging the team's quality, especially after last year's team struggled to put away Toledo and Arkansas State before putting the hammer on the SEC. As such, I'll be happy that they won that game and led by 2+ scores for over 50 minutes. This non-con will be a good challenge though, and one that should escalate in quality nicely. If they can avoid a big enough slip up that they're 4-0, I'll be very happy almost regardless of the exact outcomes.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

JL21 wrote:Offensively, they could be very explosive, but are going to have trouble staying away from three and outs.
That's pretty much every year though, because of the offense they run.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

I don't know. They were stunningly efficient during the Daniel era, half of the Gabbert years, and especially last year when Franklin was healthy. They hit their first downs, and avoided three and outs. That was in large part due to success in the short and intermediate passing game. I don't think this team will be like that (though I can obviously be wrong this early in the year).

Of course, I think their explosiveness purely from the QB position with Mauk is as high as it has ever been.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I don't want to react too much in terms of judging the team's quality, especially after last year's team struggled to put away Toledo and Arkansas State before putting the hammer on the SEC. As such, I'll be happy that they won that game and led by 2+ scores for over 50 minutes. This non-con will be a good challenge though, and one that should escalate in quality nicely. If they can avoid a big enough slip up that they're 4-0, I'll be very happy almost regardless of the exact outcomes.
So weird rooting as the same team for you.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

These announcers are brutal for the Mizzou game. But, whatever.

Marcus Golden....sheesh. Making some impact plays!

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:These announcers are brutal for the Mizzou game.
It's Matt Millen. I think he's the worst around.

I know it's going to be a cliché that announcers and fans will glom on to all year, but Mauk is so damn schizophrenic. If he can ever reign it in just a little, he's going to be special.