2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2014-2015 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by cardinalkarp »

[expletive] Blawkhawks :x

Toews is a true Captain....guy just steps up in big situations. They may not have had the greatest regular season record this year (but much of that could be pinned on the loss of Kane), but they know how to elevate their game when the playoffs hit and games start to really count.

It pisses me off to no end to see them win again, but they're doing a lot of things right up there.

Basically, they win the SC's up there in Chicago.....and the Redbirds win the WS down here. I'd gladly trade for a year.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

lukethedrifter wrote:Blackhawk fans celebrate tonight. Sutter's Beard and who else?

I celebrated and I am really dragging ass today. I was just about as pumped about this win as the first championships in 2010. Three in a decade is something special. I think, even if I was a Blues fan, it would be hard to hate this team just as I really didn't hate the Wings when they had their run in the late 90's. Outside of Shaw and the occasional thugery of Seabrook, they are a pretty classy team. Most teams have two full lines of instigators and thugs. I know the Blues do.

When the Blues decide to worry more about controlling the puck and less about "sending messages" physically, they might just have a chance because they have the talent already to win the cup.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

GeddyWrox wrote:I like and respect Jackman. I wish everyone on the team had his grit. But yeah, I'm OK with this. He's not getting us any closer to winning the cup.
Ditto. Tough competitor, and for a long time he was better defensively than he was given credit for. But we can upgrade at his position.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:Blackhawk fans celebrate tonight. Sutter's Beard and who else?
I've been following them ever since they drafted Kane and Toews. Which, shockingly, is about when they started to televise the games again.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... stigation/
@TeresaWeakley4
NHL confirms they "are aware there is a police investigation into rape allegations against #PatrickKane
More on #News4atNoon @news4buffalo

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

pioneer98 wrote:http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... stigation/
@TeresaWeakley4
NHL confirms they "are aware there is a police investigation into rape allegations against #PatrickKane
More on #News4atNoon @news4buffalo
whoa, this is a big deal.....and honestly not surprising, because its well known this dude likes to flat out party

I've always been of the opinion that Kane was kind of a dick, but if these happen to be true the dude is an absolute piece of [expletive]

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Sutter'sBeard wrote:I think, even if I was a Blues fan, it would be hard to hate this team just as I really didn't hate the Wings when they had their run in the late 90's. Outside of Shaw and the occasional thugery of Seabrook, they are a pretty classy team. Most teams have two full lines of instigators and thugs. I know the Blues do.
Nope, not hard to hate the hawks at all. In fact, it's quite easy when an entire fan base rallied around this:

That's [expletive] classless. Guy could've lost his career to that hit. Plus you had the knee on knee hit like 5 minutes before that. [expletive] that.

Yep, pretty easy to hate every last goddamn hawk player. [expletive]. Every last one of em.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

GeddyWrox wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:I think, even if I was a Blues fan, it would be hard to hate this team just as I really didn't hate the Wings when they had their run in the late 90's. Outside of Shaw and the occasional thugery of Seabrook, they are a pretty classy team. Most teams have two full lines of instigators and thugs. I know the Blues do.
Nope, not hard to hate the hawks at all. In fact, it's quite easy when an entire fan base rallied around this:

That's [expletive] classless. Guy could've lost his career to that hit. Plus you had the knee on knee hit like 5 minutes before that. [expletive] that.

Yep, pretty easy to hate every last goddamn hawk player. [expletive]. Every last one of em.
It's getting even easier....this the couple previous posts.

IF, and I know its still just a IF right now since it's currently under investigation....but it's been reported Kane is going to turn himself in today.

But if it ends up being true, what a complete scumbag (and something like this that out of the realm of possibility w/ his well known partying ways)....and he should be put in jail.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Having observed other situations like this, this girl is probably going through hell. There are probably thousands of people accusing her of making it up, but they probably aren't saying it that nicely.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

At least now every time a Chicago sports fan mocks STL players for drinking problems, they don't have much to stand on since multiple players in their town have been accused of rape.

Starlin Castro, now Kane.