Change a rule (basketball, football, curling edition)

A forum for non-baseball sports
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Change a rule (basketball, football, curling edition)

Post by Radbird »

ghostrunner wrote:Basketball - Does anyone else think they should limit timeouts in the last few minutes? To say, 1 per team? I'm guessing networks love all the timeouts since it lets them go to commercials when people are all hyped up. I find it really frustrating. I'd do it up and down all levels though - NBA, college, etc....
Yes. The end of a game is excruciatingly slow with all the timeouts, fouls, free throws. The controllable things are timeouts. I'd say only 1 in last 2 minutes maybe?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I wish RBs/WRs/TEs were allowed to get a running start to the line of scrimmage, a la arena football. All legal so long as they don't cross before the ball is snapped. Maybe limited to one player per play.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

NBA: No shooter initiating contact with his leg to get the foul/and 1. It's such bs.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

In football, "touchback" and "safety" are named for the wrong plays. A touchback should be similar to a touchdown, you score two points if you tackle the opponent in his endzone. A safety is when you don't run back a kick to play it safe.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Radbird wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Basketball - Does anyone else think they should limit timeouts in the last few minutes? To say, 1 per team? I'm guessing networks love all the timeouts since it lets them go to commercials when people are all hyped up. I find it really frustrating. I'd do it up and down all levels though - NBA, college, etc....
Yes. The end of a game is excruciatingly slow with all the timeouts, fouls, free throws. The controllable things are timeouts. I'd say only 1 in last 2 minutes maybe?
It's the fouls more than anything. Fix that by saying that if you are the team behind in the last 2 minutes, a foul is just points on the board for the other team - you don't have to shoot the free throws.

slide_into_first

Just lower the number of personal fouls in NBA to 5 like in college.

slide_into_first

Make the goal line pylons in football electrified so a player gets shocked if he touches it.

slide_into_first

Legalize unnecessary roughness for the final two minutes of each half in pro football.