Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: College Football Pickem Week 1 Sept 3-7, 2015

Post by Tim »

cardsfansince82 wrote:
Tim wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Tim wrote:ugh, missed one
What about the ones you skipped altogether? Cherry picking on a free college picks contest is pretty lame.
The instructions as I read them said you only had to pick 80% of the games listed by the end of the season. You play to win the game.
You play for fun. If gamesmanship in a free contest among 10 or so people enters your mind, you're doing it wrong. That 80% is to account for people occasionally missing a Thursday game or forgetting to submit a week altogether without ruining their season.
Ah. Pardon my ignorance. This was my first time playing the pick'em. I'll be sure to pick all the games from here on out.

TheTimeIsNow
All-Star

Post by TheTimeIsNow »

Tim wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Tim wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
What about the ones you skipped altogether? Cherry picking on a free college picks contest is pretty lame.
The instructions as I read them said you only had to pick 80% of the games listed by the end of the season. You play to win the game.
You play for fun. If gamesmanship in a free contest among 10 or so people enters your mind, you're doing it wrong. That 80% is to account for people occasionally missing a Thursday game or forgetting to submit a week altogether without ruining their season.
Ah. Pardon my ignorance. This was my first time playing the pick'em. I'll be sure to pick all the games from here on out.
I guess i did the same thing. I didn't really know about this. I just saw it, and decided to make some picks.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

TheTimeIsNow wrote:
Tim wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Tim wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
I guess i did the same thing. I didn't really know about this. I just saw it, and decided to make some picks.
Honest mistake on my part and I am sure yours as well.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

It was actually a pretty big (relatively speaking) point of contention for a while. Some people, iirc, would intentionally skip the difficult game or two every week and then pick the easier ones. Other people that weren't as good at remembering to pick every week *ahem, me, ahem* needed that buffer so 1 missed week wasn't the end of the rodeo.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:It was actually a pretty big (relatively speaking) point of contention for a while. Some people, iirc, would intentionally skip the difficult game or two every week and then pick the easier ones. Other people that weren't as good at remembering to pick every week *ahem, me, ahem* needed that buffer so 1 missed week wasn't the end of the rodeo.
Who knew I struck such a chord? I wasn't here last year, so again I plead ignorance.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Tim wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:It was actually a pretty big (relatively speaking) point of contention for a while. Some people, iirc, would intentionally skip the difficult game or two every week and then pick the easier ones. Other people that weren't as good at remembering to pick every week *ahem, me, ahem* needed that buffer so 1 missed week wasn't the end of the rodeo.
Who knew I struck such a chord? I wasn't here last year, so again I plead ignorance.
It's no big deal. Some people also to refuse to pick their respective teams games so a buffer was needed for that as well. You know, when Arkansas plays Alabama and you refuse to pick against Arkansas but don't want that loss to tarnish your record, you can skip it ;)

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

My ears are bleeding

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I liked rap when it wasn't quite so democratic.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Tim wrote:My ears are bleeding
THAT WAS Your punishment for not picking all the games.