2016 NFL Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: 2016 NFL Thread

Post by Radbird »

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Tom Brady's life is incredible. Star QB, wealthy, super model wife, storied comeback.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I did not enjoy that game at all. It's not fun watching a team that's completely out of gas lose a huge lead. Maybe if it had been the PaTRUMPiots squandering the lead I would have enjoyed it.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Some statistician would probably tell me it's a fallacy, but when these improbable things keep happening over and over (blown 3-1 leads, Trump, Super Bowl), maybe our probability models are incorrect? I don't know.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Look, I'm by no means a Patriots fan....in fact the opposite, but what happened last night was pretty incredible. I thought it was over, no chance at all for them to pull off the near impossible....yet they sacked up and came back from being down 25 points in 17 minutes.

Sure, the Pats have definitely used some "shady" practices, but i'll be damned if I can't call Belichick & Brady the best coach/quarterback combo in the history of the game.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

cardinalkarp wrote:Look, I'm by no means a Patriots fan....in fact the opposite, but what happened last night was pretty incredible. I thought it was over, no chance at all for them to pull off the near impossible....yet they sacked up and came back from being down 25 points in 17 minutes.

Sure, the Pats have definitely used some "shady" practices, but i'll be damned if I can't call Belichick & Brady the best coach/quarterback combo in the history of the game.
I would go with Lombardi and Starr, personally...

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

pioneer98 wrote:Some statistician would probably tell me it's a fallacy, but when these improbable things keep happening over and over (blown 3-1 leads, Trump, Super Bowl), maybe our probability models are incorrect? I don't know.
I don't think Trump qualifies here.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Russia hacked the Super Bowl!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Swirls wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:Look, I'm by no means a Patriots fan....in fact the opposite, but what happened last night was pretty incredible. I thought it was over, no chance at all for them to pull off the near impossible....yet they sacked up and came back from being down 25 points in 17 minutes.

I would go with Lombardi and Starr, personally...
Interesting question. Noll-Bradshaw?

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

You have to put Montana/Walsh into that discussion. They won 3 super bowls together and probably would've won more if Walsh didn't quit after 1988 season. They won again in 1989 with Seifert as coach which was still Walsh's team for the most part.