2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Kind of a snoozer. After a 4-0 start Friday morning things were only a little dicey for a little while yesterday. But going to bed up 3 going into today had to feel great...especially with how shallow the European team was/is.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Patrick Reed was awesome. Phil played brilliantly today. Definitely didn't think fowler would beat rose.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

How about pieters for Europe was a stud. As was stenson though that was expected.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

My parents went on Saturday. They said it was fun and interesting to be there and in that atmosphere, but all in all, it was not good for watching golf. There were 45,000 spectators and really only 4 groups to watch at any point on Saturday. So you really had to camp out at a hole to have much of a view at all. They've gone to other gold events (mostly the John Deere Classic) and had more success in actually watching golf at those events. Even though the next US Ryder Cup isn't that far away (Milwaukee), I doubt they'll be trying to get tickets.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I'll retract my statement that of all sports this is the one where I could kind of mimic what I was watching. For the most part those guys are ridiculously good (obviously), but 7/10 times those guys are parking it near the pin within 10 feet from 200 yards in, I'm lucky to do that more than a couple times a round, and then my chance of making a putt over 6ft is maybe 60%.