2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

A forum for non-baseball sports
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

Post by stlouie_lipp »

While I'm sure most of you libtards will be rooting for Europe because you hate 'Merica! I will be cheering for the red, white, and blue!

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to it this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine

Post by Tim »

stlouie_lipp wrote:While I'm sure most of you libtards will be rooting for Europe because you hate 'Merica! I will be cheering for the red, white, and blue!

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to it this year. Should be a lot of fun to watch.
I put in a request for tickets. Didn't get them. Was planning on hosting a med school reunion up there with my former crew. Definitely on my bucket list to attend.

I am looking forward to it as well. Rory is back to putting well, sadly.

I don't like our chances.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

LOL

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Tim wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:While I'm sure most of you libtards will be rooting for Europe because you hate 'Merica! I will be cheering for the red, white, and blue!

I put in a request for tickets. Didn't get them. Was planning on hosting a med school reunion up there with my former crew. Definitely on my bucket list to attend.

I got tickets for a practice round at Medinah. Was standing behind Rory as he hit a drive. The crowd went "ooohhhh", and Thomas Bjørn turned around and shook his head telling us this guy is on a different level.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Tim wrote:

I got tickets for a practice round at Medinah. Was standing behind Rory as he hit a drive. The crowd went "ooohhhh", and Thomas Bjørn turned around and shook his head telling us this guy is on a different level.
Was at Kiawah in 2011 for the PGA championship. I went all 7 days. (Won't make that mistake again, but it was my first golfing event ever). Rory lapped the field. Totally dominant.

But the most impressive thing I saw was Dustin Johnson hitting an iron 250 so yards, off the cart path to within 3 feet in a practice round

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Latest Golf Digest has an interesting article discussing all of the potential Ryder Cuppers and they spoke with other players and people associated with professional golf and got some real down and dirty opinions about the guys. Who the head cases are, who have mechanical problems with their swings, etc. It really is a no holds barred look at the guys and I found it very interesting. I can't find the article online but if you see the issue I highly recommend reading the article.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Who is favored?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Jocephus wrote:Who is favored?
I think America is slightly favored in Vegas.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Went to the Barclay's a few weeks ago. While the pros are impressive, golf might be the most "well, I could do that" spectator sport. I'm a 4.5 index and can put together strings of 6-10 holes of scratch or better golf, and I'm self-aware enough (just enough) to know that I would get absolutely demolished in a tour event, but a small part of my brain says "if you practiced as much as they did, you could be out here."

I never look at a Chapman fastball or a Tarasenko shot and think I should be in the same game.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Agreed, JOD.

I think you really get a good feel for how different they are when watching them practice though. I remember as a kid watching Faldo hit a couple buckets of balls where 99% of the shots looked the exact same. Basically, out like a rocket (probably a 5 iron) and then fall to the left. I bet all but two of the shots he hit landed in a 20sf area. Also, their short games. Watching them practice putting is crazy good.

Any of us (a lot of us) could stick a 6 iron to 3 feet at any given point. But, it's being able to do it time after time after time as well as knowing how and when to even try to stick one and when to just hit to a safe part of the green, get your par and go on.

But, yeah, us average joes at our absolute best can do what pros do one time (eg, piping a drive 300 yards down the middle, pitching in from 50 yards, rolling in a 40' double breaker...we just can't do it at the same consistency they can). Not everyone can hit a 95 mph fastball 450' or handle the puke like Tarasenko or throw it 100+ mph.