Post by Tim »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:BOOGIE IS A PELICAN I NEED A MOMENT
What a heist.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: 2016-17 NBA Season

Post by thrill »

I'M SO MAD AT THIS WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP FOR THE SECOND BEST BIG IN THE GAME

[expletive] Bulls can't get their [expletive] together.

Congrats to NOLA. Enjoy your twin towers. Buddy Hield. Garbage picks. What a joke. This is the kind of trade I didn't think happened anymore.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

When I first started following the rumors and it started at Buddy and a couple of firsts, I thought there was no way that gets it done. Figured we'd have to include Holiday.

And then somehow the offer kept getting lower... and the likelihood of a trade got higher.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

As jealous as I am, I am very excited to watch Pelicans basketball for the first time since that playoff series against the Warriors two years ago.

They're such a good fit in a front court that it could be special. AD's defensive versatility covers all of Boogie's shortcomings. He can guard 4's as quick and perimeter-based as Durant and 5's as rugged as Gasol. Boogie can score against any team and play the 5 despite being undersized (dude is 6'9 at most). This is just such a coup for NOLA.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Now I'm worried, because everyone was talking about how the Love injury created a heightened sense of urgency for the other Eastern Conference contenders and how that was going to net the Bulls a good haul for Jimmy Butler. If that's all the Kings got for Boogie, I don't want to see what the Bulls could get for J Buckets.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

If Butler can bring, say, Amir Johnson (to make the money work, on his expiring deal), James Young (recent first-rounder with some ceiling), the Nets 1st pick for next year, and a future 1st round pick, in return for Buckets, I'm cool with that for both teams. Boston is win-now mode and if we're ever going to see a championship again in Chicago they're going to need to burn the whole damn thing to the ground and get some assets that are not just Butler and old guys. I read a few rumors that the Bulls asked on Melo and the Knicks response was basically "You don't have anything to give us for him." And they're right. The Bulls don't have a stash of draft picks and they don't have a cadre of young talent, they just have Butler and a heap of nothing.

------

My New LeaguePass Power Pref Order (sorted by entertainment factor):
1. Dubs
2. Wiz
3. Pels
4. Celtics

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Why would you admit this without prodding?

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Why would you admit this without prodding?
It's been reported that the Kings owner really loves Hield. It's possible they got a better offer from say the Lakers, but they didn't want to make a close rival better and said no. Then said yes to the worse offer with Hield in it and the Pelicans as the other team. It could all be spin and Divac is just an idiot, or maybe the owner is the idiot and Divac is trying to salvage his own reputation expecting to get fired anyway.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

There's a lot of conflicting stuff out there.

The Pels owner loves Hield, but Divac tells the media in his presser that "I have his total trust for all basketball matters." 2 weeks ago Divac says they're not dealing Boogie, then he's dealt. There was a report yesterday that everything went fast, and that all offers were submitted to the owner, yet Divac told the press today that he had a better offer two days ago.

It's nutso. Who knows. If Divac falls on his sword for this, still, who knows.

I'm really glad to see a lineup for the rest of this year that's Brow/Boogie/Jrue. That's a dynamic three and a historic front court. I think their Saturday game v OKC is a nationally televised one, I would not be surprised if it's one of the most watched of the season.