2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Re: 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Mizzou left out of the SEC/Big 12 challenge because who would want to see them play Kansas

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Sound logic. Who would want to watch the country's No. 1 player and the No. 1 pick in the 2018 draft?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Former Washington High standout transferring from Bradley. Per Gabe Dearmond, he is walking on.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i have loyalty to miz because i was born in columbia and my father and brother have degrees there but thats about it...but does any of this feel a bit...cheap? don't misunderstand, i'm happy miz might/could/will be relevant and all that comes with that, and for long suffering fans, but i mean, this is all falling into plan like a dr. evil scheme, eh? i'm so low on college bball knowledge but i don't recall being aware of such a coordinated collection of players. maybe this happens all the time but it feels like when there are these power teams in the NBA when free agent friends try and be on the same team, etc.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

I don't think I'd describe it quite that way. This is only happening because Romar and Groce got fired. Once you land the country's top recruit, other dominoes fall into place. Harris coming over and Jontay Porter committing was pretty much expected, but Martin probably had to work hard to get Tillmon. And as much as it seems like a super team, MPJ is the only for sure one-and-done. Jontay, Roberts, Harris and Tillmon are 2-4 year guys.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Suggs was going to come to MU until Haith fled.
Last edited by lukethedrifter on May 26 17, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It's just the modern game, in my opinion. I'd rather the NBA let players make the jump from HS to pros again if that's what players want (but players who choose college must stay at least 3 years)... but unless that rule changes, I'm okay with pivoting. I'd rather be like Calipari and figure out how to make this work than be Coach K who mitches and boans... then signs one and dones anyway. Plus as Snayke mentioned, I think most are going to stay beyond a year. Maybe Jontay joins his brother, but I don't see any others making the jump after a year.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Getting good players to commit is fun. Mizzou has been a beacon of controversy and despair, really, for a while. Mauk, dgb, Sasha menu courey, pinkel leaving, God save the Quinn, Anderson leaving, haith, etc etc etc.

But hey at least they beat Arkansas in football this year and split in basketball. Hopefully they go 2-0 in bball next year and really upset the Arkansas faithful aka Tim and obu.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Getting good players to commit is fun. Mizzou has been a beacon of controversy and despair, really, for a while. Mauk, dgb, Sasha menu courey, pinkel leaving, God save the Quinn, Anderson leaving, haith, etc etc etc.

But hey at least they beat Arkansas in football this year and split in basketball. Hopefully they go 2-0 in bball next year and really upset the Arkansas faithful aka Tim and obu.
Losing to Mizzou in hoops would piss me off

Losing to mizzou in football may just be what we need to get rid of CBB

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

creeper pitino got a 5 game ban (ACC games)