2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by TheoSqua »

With the playoffs over it's time to talk next season.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: 2016-2017 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm ready for hockey.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Here's to a team making inconsistent moves but will still hook me in!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm looking forward to a full year of Schwartz in a larger roll, and to see if Fabbri and Parayko can improve on their rookie seasons!

If Sabotka and Letehra can be good 2nd/3rd line centers, we could have a pretty dynamic offense.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

GeddyWrox wrote:I'm looking forward to a full year of Schwartz in a larger roll, and to see if Fabbri and Parayko can improve on their rookie seasons!

If Sabotka and Letehra can be good 2nd/3rd line centers, we could have a pretty dynamic offense.
Has Sobotka officially come back yet? And I have no confidence in Lehtera for 82 games.

Like I said, the moves made in the offseason are inconsistent with each other. Either go all in for Hitch's last season, or retool under a new coach. These half measures make no sense.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:I'm looking forward to a full year of Schwartz in a larger roll, and to see if Fabbri and Parayko can improve on their rookie seasons!

Has Sobotka officially come back yet? And I have no confidence in Lehtera for 82 games.

Like I said, the moves made in the offseason are inconsistent with each other. Either go all in for Hitch's last season, or retool under a new coach. These half measures make no sense.
I believe he has said he's committed to the Blues, but word is until he's put on the uniform its still not a guarantee.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Hitch was quoted in the local rag making it sound like he's counting on him...
Two veterans who will probably log that key ice time are Alexander Steen and Paul Stastny, whom Hitchcock plans to play on a line with Tarasenko.

“We have a chance to load up the line, so when everybody is back (healthy), we will probably want to look at that combination,” Hitchcock said. “The great chemistry that Schwartz and (Vladimir) Sobotka have allows us to do that. The parts here have a chance to be real interchangeable because we’ve got a lot of guys that can play up and down. We’ve got so many options on how we’re going to build our lineup.”
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... 0a65f.html

Edit: There's also some interesting/telling stuff in that link about how they're looking to adopt some of the things Minnesota was doing that threw us off our game in the playoffs 2 years ago.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

cardinalkarp wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:

I believe he has said he's committed to the Blues, but word is until he's put on the uniform its still not a guarantee.
It just seems ridiculous that it's August 16th and this hasn't been resolved.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Are the playoffs over?

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »