2017 NBA Finals: The Trilogy

A forum for non-baseball sports
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: The Trilogy

Post by thrill »

Socnorb11 wrote:The 1992 U.S. Olympic basketball team is the best I've ever seen
Haha this is a cheat. Of course that is the greatest team that will ever be assembled.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

LeBron says it's good for the league, and the truth is he's probably right. Internationally where everyone is a ManU/Real Madrid fan I'm sure kids are eating this up.

If this is how the league's top talent is going make decisions there is no future in this league for me as a fan, though. Until my team lucks into a GS (pre-KD), LeBron, or Pop situation (the latter two not even mattering since KD joined GS), my team will just play for cute little moral victories like our 12th man rookie scoring 10 points in a blow out loss to some team that would rather prove nothing than risk losing.

[expletive] this league. Probably needs to be contracted to eight teams--then Portland won't have one anymore anyway. (By now you must know who I am.)

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:LeBron says it's good for the league, and the truth is he's probably right. Internationally where everyone is a ManU/Real Madrid fan I'm sure kids are eating this up.
Adam Silver would get a boner reading this. Oooooooh the branding. The sweeeet, sweet international branding.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:LeBron says it's good for the league, and the truth is he's probably right. Internationally where everyone is a ManU/Real Madrid fan I'm sure kids are eating this up.

If this is how the league's top talent is going make decisions there is no future in this league for me as a fan, though. Until my team lucks into a GS (pre-KD), LeBron, or Pop situation (the latter two not even mattering since KD joined GS), my team will just play for cute little moral victories like our 12th man rookie scoring 10 points in a blow out loss to some team that would rather prove nothing than risk losing.

[expletive] this league. Probably needs to be contracted to eight teams--then Portland won't have one anymore anyway. (By now you must know who I am.)
I was wondering where you had gone off to.

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

Warriors with 68 points at halftime...and losing by 18. Cavs just going ham with the long ball and Kyrie has been mostly unstoppable.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

dang thought we were gonna have a playoffs sweep.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

So brave. So courageous. So confident in their teammates. I can't wait to watch the movie version of this season. Wait, yes I can. I prefer conflict in my films.

Why didn't the season just end when Durant signed?

[expletive] them.

My coverage of the first round.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Seems pretty sweet if you're a Warriors fan. When I was a kid they were the NBA's version of the Generals, and were only noteworthy for a couple specific players over the next 20+ years.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

When I was a kid, the Warriors were my first team, and were all that. Jamal (silk) Wilkes and Rick Barry with that sweet granny free throw.

Then Dr. J came along and rocked my world.

Yeah it does kind of stink with the super teams, but I still enjoy the Warriors where they just put a good team together and signed one really really good player, more than the Heat where one guy got a bunch of pretty good players to join, oh yeah and the best player on the planet at the time.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Does this make it more or less likely that Curry comes home to Charlotte?