2017 NBA Finals: The Trilogy

A forum for non-baseball sports
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2017 NBA Finals: The Trilogy

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I have no love for those Miami teams either, but this is far worse. This is the best scorer of his generation in his prime joining the (back to back if Draymond didn't have a genital fixation) champion. The system was in place, KD's role was in place. Honestly, it wouldn't be much different than if LeBron joined them this summer. If Chris Paul joins the Spurs, it won't be nearly the same thing.

I wish the Warriors wanted to ride again with the championship team they had. I wish KD wanted to prove anything at all.

It made a miserable goddam joke of the league.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

James saying he never played for a superteam is so absurd.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i hope they win 6 more in a row

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Won't happen. After three, Durant will go play baseball and Green will take up ballet or ice hockey.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Whenever they make statements like this team is going to go undefeated for X years it never works out exactly like that. Life happens, players get hurt or move onto new teams. If Klay Thompson decides to go free agent to another team that'll chip away from their dominance. When the Lakers 3 peated then brought in Gary Payton and Karl Malone they were assured to win a 4th title in a row. The Warriors just lost in the finals last year so its not impossible they lose again. Granted with their roster there is no reason at minimum that they don't get to the conference finals or higher every year. But then this is the NBA where keeping dominant teams is more predictable as long you keep your stars healthy in comparison to NFL or MLB where you could go from winning the world series one year to not making the playoffs the next year.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Yeah, the NBA can change quickly with the addition/loss of one or two key players.

LeBron, for example, going to half the teams would make them instant contenders and bump the Cavs to, what, a 5th seed or worse in the eastern conference...

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Kevin Durant is going to greenscreen himself into 'Moonlight,' saying 'I have a developmental disability' and see if he can get an Oscar.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Would the warriors have won without KD this year?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

They won 73 expletiving games last year and had to fondle testicles to lose the Finals. Cleveland didn't really get much better.

Yes. Almost certainly, barring genital attacks.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Pop maybe could have figured something out, but that seems pretty unlikely. I just can't believe the Basketball Gods would watch this year unfold (I mean, the next champion was sealed at a press conference), and see to injuring Kawhi.

But then, as a Blazers fan, I know the Gods of Basketball well, and they are cruel, Old Testamenty Gods.