2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Re: 2017-2018 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by JCShutout »

I'm having one of those weird situations where it seems like everytime I check a box score, Bergy has scored a goal. So I checked, and he has 5 in 14 games, which is on pace for 29. I haven't had much of a chance to watch or listen since he came back. Has he been good? Lucky? Both?

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Armstrong has signed a 4-year contract extension. I'm personally happy to hear it.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

It's good, I think. He found a way to get out of some bad contracts this year... of course, he's also the one responsible for those bad contracts.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

My family is in STL this week, and one of my brothers and I want to check the Blues game out tonight (never seen an NHL game, period). We had no idea they were playing the Preds, which might make things a bit more expensive, but what do you folks think is the best route for getting two tickets? I’d love to be somewhat close to the ice but don’t want to pay a ridiculous amount. I have no idea what the scalping situation is like either.

Thanks for any advice!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

ThatGuy wrote:My family is in STL this week, and one of my brothers and I want to check the Blues game out tonight (never seen an NHL game, period). We had no idea they were playing the Preds, which might make things a bit more expensive, but what do you folks think is the best route for getting two tickets? I’d love to be somewhat close to the ice but don’t want to pay a ridiculous amount. I have no idea what the scalping situation is like either.

Thanks for any advice!
My advice was going to be Stubhub and that prices would probably drop as the start of the game gets closer but I just looked and according to Stubhub there are only 289 tickets left and the cheapest pair of seats is $76.50 each before any fee they tack on. Those seats are also pretty close to the last rows of the arena. I hate to say it, but I'd pass on going to the actual game. I had thought about trying to get tickets also but after seeing that, I'm just going to watch at a bar.

The prices are insane considering that I paid $75 each after fees from Stubhub to sit 10 rows off of center ice for the 2-1 win over the Kings right before Halloween when they were the best two teams in the West record wise.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Yeah that’s my fear. It’s also really effing cold so scalping might not be much fun.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

You aren't kidding about the thought of walking around and trying to find a good deal on tickets outside the arena. Way too cold for that.

Wish I had better advice but my go-to is always watching Stubhub knowing that if there are a bunch of tickets, good seats can be had a few hours before the game for cheap.

I just looked on Craigslist and these two seats are really good in section 115 row f if you're willing to pay $125 each. I wouldn't pay that but that's because I'm spoiled and can't bring myself to spend that much when I get to sit in almost the same seats half a dozen times or so a year for free (section 116 row f).

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/tix/d/bl ... 73347.html

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

TheoSqua wrote:Armstrong has signed a 4-year contract extension. I'm personally happy to hear it.
That's good news.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

GeddyWrox wrote:
TheoSqua wrote:Armstrong has signed a 4-year contract extension. I'm personally happy to hear it.
That's good news.
I saw the notification on my phone that the Blues had a special announcement upcoming so I got all excited and pulled up the app and waited for the announcement to start. I have to admit that while I'm glad they signed the extension, I felt a bit let down expecting the announcement to be much more exciting than just extending the GM.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

it is december/january...time for allen to go through his [expletive] stretch