2017 College Football Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Re: 2017 College Football Thread

Post by cardsfansince82 »

At first I though Nutt was the same one that got in a motorcycle accident with his side piece, but that was Petrino. It's hard to keep these horndog footbaw coaches straight.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

cardsfansince82 wrote:At first I though Nutt was the same one that got in a motorcycle accident with his side piece, but that was Petrino. It's hard to keep these horndog footbaw coaches straight.
seriously

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

cardsfansince82 wrote:At first I though Nutt was the same one that got in a motorcycle accident with his side piece, but that was Petrino. It's hard to keep these horndog footbaw coaches straight.
#WooPig

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

College athletics are gross.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

So everywhere I turn today in Columbus it's Buckeye this and Gameday that...another football season is upon us. Is anyone excited?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm more excited about college football than NFL by far since I enjoy watching football but won't watch the NFL unless I'm hate watching the Rams.

For a long time I was playing kickball on Saturdays so it was harder to really get into college football since I would be in the park all Saturday afternoon and then we'd go to a bar or somebody's house after to keep having fun. I need to change that. We're playing kickball again this fall but as we are getting older and people are having kids, the evenings after the games are free now since people have better things to do than just go to a bar and continue drinking.

Of course I also don't root for a team that has any real chance of doing anything at all so that makes it a bit harder. I need to find a team that I can really get behind who can make something happen and then stick with them for the long haul. Iowa State just isn't the one. I only went there one year and didn't have a favorite team growing up since I can't stand Mizzou. I figure I should be allowed to change my allegiance once right? In the next 7-10 days I'm going to pick a team and that's going to be my team going forward so at least I know something about one team that's relevant.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Pretty pumped.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Pretty pumped.
I'd kill to be on the golf course at WMS right now. Holy smokes am I geeked! WOOOO PIG SOOOOOIE!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard wrote:I'm more excited about college football than NFL by far since I enjoy watching football but won't watch the NFL unless I'm hate watching the Rams.

For a long time I was playing kickball on Saturdays so it was harder to really get into college football since I would be in the park all Saturday afternoon and then we'd go to a bar or somebody's house after to keep having fun. I need to change that. We're playing kickball again this fall but as we are getting older and people are having kids, the evenings after the games are free now since people have better things to do than just go to a bar and continue drinking.

Of course I also don't root for a team that has any real chance of doing anything at all so that makes it a bit harder. I need to find a team that I can really get behind who can make something happen and then stick with them for the long haul. Iowa State just isn't the one. I only went there one year and didn't have a favorite team growing up since I can't stand Mizzou. I figure I should be allowed to change my allegiance once right? In the next 7-10 days I'm going to pick a team and that's going to be my team going forward so at least I know something about one team that's relevant.
If you'd like to be completely insane you can root for OSU. That way whether your team wins or loses you can still start dumpster fires.