2017-18 College Basketball (Mizzou) thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Re: 2017-18 College Basketball (Mizzou) thread

Post by Farewell Friends »

SLU beat the Salukis last night after a couple dull performances and getting ripped apart by Butler.

I think Hasahn French is going to be a monster two years from now. Great energy, still needs some work on the low block, but his motor is unreal. I'm interested to see how he meshes with Gordon next season. Goodwin is coming along nicely. He looks better playing off the ball at times. And there's just not many reliable shooting wings right now, so even when Goodwin finds guys outside, it doesn't matter because they miss.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Jocephus wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:I’m gonna see Mizzou Saturday vs Wisconsin-Green Bay. Bought the tickets before the season planning to see MPJ. Oh well. My wife has never been to CoMo so it’ll still be fun.
harpos?
That and Shakespeare’s

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Arkansas just walked the dog on #14 Minnesota

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

This has been an incredibly fun game to see in person.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

I wasn't thrilled with the defense, but Mizzou scored 81 points in a little more than 31 minutes. And Jontay's passing is sublime.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Adam Wolf hitting a 3 to get them to 100 was awesome. Cool moment to see in person.

Really impressed with Tilmon. Glad he stayed out of foul trouble.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

I forgot Mizzou played SFA last night. It was a grind, but good prep for Saturday. Also seems like Arkansas is going to be a huge problem.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I was able to get 2 seats 10 rows up and a parking pass for $120 for the aTm game Tuesday 2/13, thought that was a pretty solid deal. Mizzou only has a few saturday home games and those were all stupid high prices like MPJ wasn't hurt. And a lot of the rest of the home games midweek are 8PM start times for some unknown reason, I guess to get on national TV more? A 6PM start for the aTm game is a lot more doable from KC, so that's the way I went. Should be a good game.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Farewell Friends wrote:I forgot Mizzou played SFA last night. It was a grind, but good prep for Saturday. Also seems like Arkansas is going to be a huge problem.
Probably Mike’s best team since he’s been here. Afraid our big man is a one and done

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Iowa State didn't exactly blow Maryland Eastern Shore at home last night (55-49) but I'll give them a bit of a pass since they were only able to dress 7 players due to injuries and such. I think they are going to have to start pulling guys from the football team to fill in after the new year. There has been talk of it but they're waiting until after the bowl game. That should be interesting. They've been going with 8 guys most of the season so far. They can't catch a break.