Snayke's Bottomline

Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread

Post by Farewell Friends »

Mirotic knew what he signed up for.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Pretty blah night ahead. Only games worth watching are the ESPN broadcasts. Not even gambling could make Atlanta-Dallas watchable.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Farewell Friends wrote:Pretty blah night ahead.
Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

Wiz-Sixers? The now 2nd best team in the East v #TheProcess? Even with Embiid at a 16 minute cap I'm down. John Wall is going to eat those young kids' lunch tonight.

Bucks-C's? Maybe the best young team in the East with the best young player in the game v last year's regular season conference champs?

Nuggets-Jazz? A high-pace O built like the Dubs against a grinding D-first team?

Spurs-Wolves? Even without Kawhi this should be a fun one, the Model Franchise vs a rebuilt up-and-comer.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Hornets v Pistons?

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Tim wrote:Hornets v Pistons?
I'm only paying attention to the Hornets this year b/c I have a prop bet with a friend on the over/under on the date in which Zeller relegates Howard to the bench. And to see what kind of weird [expletive] Mike is wearing on the sidelines.

I'm overwhelmingly disinterested in watching any minutes of Reggie Jackson-led Pistons basketball, or seeing Drummond go 2-350 from the free throw line. If Boban starts playing 34 minutes and Ish Smith supplants Reggie from the starting five I might give them a few minutes of my LeaguePass time down the line, especially if I'm playing Boban in DraftKings that night.

This game is going to have a lot of mechanical high pick-and-rolls and very little Pretty Basketball outside Kemba's handles.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

PHI-WAS, MIN-SAS are the ESPN games ;)

The Celtics aren't as intriguing with Hayward out. Utah is more fun to talk about than watch. CHA-DET is death. Like Middle, I hate watching Jackson-Drummond.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

themiddle54 wrote:Niko Mirotic and Bobby Portis get into it in practice. They've been competing for playing time for three years. Tempers flare. Portis throws a punch and literally breaks Mirotic's face.

Robin Lopez says that as a team they "feel there's blame on both sides."

Sounds like a certain politician.
It was reported that Mirotic charged at Portis. Twice. I rag on cliche'd statements and blame deflection as much as anybody but this time it appears to be accurate.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

The Celtics weren't going to be exceptional even with Hayward. They would have been good, but if you put them in the West they're probably a first-round elimination team.

I think it's Washington and Cleveland in the East, and nobody else has a sniffle of a chance.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

Some entertaining hoops tonight. The two ESPN games were great. Looks like Bucks-C's was a good one too, had a Giannis masterpiece and Marcus Smart getting t-ed up for scrapping with Dellavedova. Dennis Smith Jr became the youngest player in history to have a double-double in his NBA debut for Dallas.

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

It looks like defense was optional in Brooklyn-Indiana.