2017-18 NBA Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jocephus wrote:good stuff about rasheed, 33 and BFoD. i shouldn't have said annoying but he was a character.
Part of the reason I loved 'Sheed was that he was annoying.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

This led to to read about 'Sheed today. I remember the suspension for threatening Tim Donaghy on a loading dock. What I didn't know was that disgraced felon Donaghy later admitted that refs picked on 'Sheed.
Which NBA star is most loathed by NBA officiating crews? This A.I. story comes to mind. Is he the one?

I don’t know if he’s the one because there were both positive and negative relationships associated with A.I. There was one referee that actually kissed him at a captain’s meeting before each game. I would say, unfortunately, I know he’s on your team right now, but Rasheed Wallace was someone I don’t believe anyone cared for. Looking back, it’s probably because he’s one of the smartest players in the league. He was outspoken about how there were biases and how relationships affected the refereeing.

So they got mad at him because he was telling the truth about their biases?

Exactly.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Seriously, if CP3 was on the same leash Rasheed had, he'd break the T record in two weeks.

Some of it will be shared by my perspective, but I still feel comfortable saying the refs in the Shaq era were quite a bit worse.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Agree that Paul is an Olympic grade whiner but saying the only difference between him and ‘Sheed is the refs probably undersells how combative and aggressive ‘Sheed was.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Yes, Rasheed earned that leash. CP is too crafty/weasely/cautious to ever get there, but it would be very satisfying to watch him operating with that level of bad will from the refs. They were ejaculating themselves at the thought of t'ing up Sheed.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

This is a brutal one to watch. Anytime a sweep happens in the Finals it's a bad look for the league IMO. Especially when it ends with a 30 point blowout.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

James had two MRIs during the series and wore a soft cast when he wasn't practicing, playing or in view of the media, sources said, so as not to give the Warriors a competitive advantage.
This is a quote from the ESPN piece on LeBron playing with a broken hand after punching a blackboard after Game 1.

The punchline in that quote is awesome. Like the teams were level or something without the hand thing.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

That was about as disappointing as expected.

I'm not gonna lie........ I'm pretty bummed that the NBA season is over.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Apparently X-rays show the hand was broken
[SHOW]

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

!!!!