2017-18 NBA Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2017-18 NBA Thread

Post by themiddle54 »

Tim wrote:Hornets get to defend the Greek Freak without MKG, Zeller, Batum, MCW or any semblance of a bench tonight.
And Brogdon is listed as out for MIL which probably just means Giannis's usage goes up and he has another 'HOLY [expletive]' night.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Embid & Simmons could be something..........

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Simmons is about to [expletive] around and get a triple double.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Farewell Friends wrote:Simmons is about to [expletive] around and get a triple double.

Get used to it, I say......

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Four games into his career and he's got a triple-double. That's an NBA record.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

It's definitely an interesting bunch of rookies. Usually first-year players are as a rule not terribly good in their first year. Kobe needed like 4-5 years to become a real impact player. Lebron was not Lebron in his first year. Kyrie was productive his first year but he was an island on a bad team.

So to see stuff like Dennis Smith Jr having a double-double in his first game (youngest player to have a points/assists double-double in their NBA debut), Jayson Tatum being the first Celtics player to have a double-double in his debut (given that franchise's history that sentence seems impossible), Simmons going for a 3D in game four, the future looks very bright for the NBA. I look forward to the day soon when it overtakes the NFL in popularity.

(I didn't mention Lonzo because he has had one great game, and it was v PHO before Watson was fired and Bledsoe was ostracized and he was basically playing a JV team, and who in his other two games is a combined 4-19 from the floor and 1-8 from 3P. I look forward to planting myself on my couch tomorrow night and watching John Wall take that kid's lunch money, then bark something at his loudmouth dad in a 20-point Wizards win.)

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Think I’d like to take the kid to an nba game. Milwaukee is driving distance- under 6 hrs. Chicago, 5. Memphis, 4. Indy, 4. I guess OKC is next at just over 7.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

lukethedrifter wrote:Think I’d like to take the kid to an nba game. Milwaukee is driving distance- under 6 hrs. Chicago, 5. Memphis, 4. Indy, 4. I guess OKC is next at just over 7.
Do New Orleans because it's a fun team and fun town.

themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Post by themiddle54 »

lukethedrifter wrote:Think I’d like to take the kid to an nba game. Milwaukee is driving distance- under 6 hrs. Chicago, 5. Memphis, 4. Indy, 4. I guess OKC is next at just over 7.
United Center = 20 minutes but based on price of tickets there + quality of team the only way I'm going is if I can StubHub tickets on game day for like $40 and see them play a team whose second unit I am interested in seeing a lot of.

Memphis, Fizdale has said he wants them top-10 in pace this season, a reversal of the Zebo/Tony Allen grit and grind years, and they were remarkably fun vs the Dubs this week. Also you get Conley and Gasol.

Milwaukee, great team, fun team, arguably the best pick in the bunch so your kid can tell his kids "I saw Giannis when Giannis was just starting to harness the full force of his abilities."

Farewell Friends
Snayke's Bottomline

Post by Farewell Friends »

Josh Jackson fined for making a gun gesture. KU guy so not surprised:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2114 ... esture-fan