GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently May 24 19, 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2018 Winter Olympics
PostPosted: January 17 18, 9:47 am 
99% conan clips

I don't really get into the Olympics and the Winter in particular always seemed like a sham but this was surprising and/or nice if you have such feelings. Or not. This is merely a submission with no expectation of reply.

Quote:
Koreas to form their first joint Olympic team, will march together during opening ceremonies

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea -- The rival Koreas agreed Wednesday to form their first unified Olympic team and have their athletes parade together for the first time in 11 years during the opening ceremonies of next month's Winter Olympics in South Korea, officials said.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter18/s ... h-together

Post subject: Re: 2018 Winter Olympics
PostPosted: January 17 18, 1:29 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

I don't think we get a 30 page threadlike 2014. NO NHLers in the hockey, and fallout of #metoo -reduced public ogling over snow bunnies and the babes of Curling (guilty)

I'll probably be wrong, -the Orange one and his twin Kim Jong Un will get in the mix.

PostPosted: January 17 18, 2:24 pm 
The Last Word

Jocephus wrote:
I don't really get into the Olympics and the Winter in particular always seemed like a sham but this was surprising and/or nice if you have such feelings. Or not. This is merely a submission with no expectation of reply.

Quote:
Koreas to form their first joint Olympic team, will march together during opening ceremonies

Quote:
SEOUL, South Korea -- The rival Koreas agreed Wednesday to form their first unified Olympic team and have their athletes parade together for the first time in 11 years during the opening ceremonies of next month's Winter Olympics in South Korea, officials said.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/winter18/s ... h-together

A guy on the radio earlier was giving Trump credit for this monumental peace offering. What am I missing? Did Trump media for North and South Korea?

PostPosted: January 17 18, 2:33 pm 
99% conan clips

no. you were listening to a sheet hole.

PostPosted: January 18 18, 3:29 pm 
tl;dr

Freed Roger wrote:
I don't think we get a 30 page threadlike 2014. NO NHLers in the hockey, and fallout of #metoo -reduced public ogling over snow bunnies and the babes of Curling (guilty)

I'll probably be wrong, -the Orange one and his twin Kim Jong Un will get in the mix.

We will still be ogling snow bunnies and the babes of Curling. We just won't talk about it publicly anymore.

PostPosted: January 18 18, 3:37 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
I don't really get into the Olympics and the Winter in particular always seemed like a sham

To me the Winter Olympics is the best Olympics, and it's no contest. I wonder how that would break down in a large scale poll. My guess is it would be 2/3 in favor of Summer.

PostPosted: January 18 18, 4:03 pm 
Consider him admonished

ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
I don't really get into the Olympics and the Winter in particular always seemed like a sham

To me the Winter Olympics is the best Olympics, and it's no contest. I wonder how that would break down in a large scale poll. My guess is it would be 2/3 in favor of Summer.

Summer in a landslide for me. Nothing beats the 100m. The 400m hurdles and the 800m have to be the most brutal events in track.

PostPosted: January 18 18, 4:10 pm 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Bobsled is legit. So is all the ski events where they go 70 mph or whatever. And the long jump. Those dudes are crazy.

PostPosted: January 18 18, 5:47 pm 
Mayor of GRB

ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

PostPosted: January 18 18, 6:57 pm 
Hall Of Famer

sighyoung wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

Curling is good, sigh. Though if it had cats it would be better.