2018 Winter Olympics

A forum for non-baseball sports
cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Post by cardsfantx »

who knew?!...i only though people could be racists...now coins can be racist as well? Where will it end? can't all living organisms and inanimate objects all just get a long please?!?!

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

lukethedrifter wrote:Sounds like a dick move on Shani’s part.

Counterpoint?
No need to counter. Disappointing move by the athlete.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

and VP pence is trying to ignore his past bigotries by claiming fake news so our athletes will "like" him.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I downloaded the NBC Sports VR app yesterday and now I'm a little more excited about some of the events. I'm going to check out the downhill ski training tonight and maybe some of the opening ceremonies in what should be 360 degree virtual reality. Then I set alerts for the men's gold medal hockey game, a skeleton and luge broadcast in VR along with some others. I think the one I might be most excited about is the short track speed skating broadcast in VR. I'm imagining that they will have the camera setup right in the middle of the track allowing you to literally just look around anywhere you want during the entire broadcast. That could be pretty cool.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Pretty sure I saw lukethedrifter cheering and/or coaching the us men's luge team

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Jocephus wrote:Pretty sure I saw lukethedrifter cheering and/or coaching the us men's luge team
Useless without pics.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Jocephus wrote:Pretty sure I saw lukethedrifter cheering and/or coaching the us men's luge team
Useless without pics.
ok. i've spent 15 mins trying to find a clip of what i remembered seeing. i couldn't find the clip but i found the coaches and i think this is the same dude. i would like to remind the good people that this person was wearing a big ass coat, with a beanie on and/or other winter wear and i saw 1-2 seconds of this guy trying to look not disappointed but my memory neurons flashed to whatever picture i've seen of ltd in the past.

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-luge/coaches

anyone take a guess?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Why does NBC insist on saying that they are airing things live when they clearly are not. Do they think we're stupid? Sorry, don't answer that because the answer is yes, too many Americans are stupid. I was watching the snowboarding half pipe last night and they kept saying it was live yet at the same time I happened to look something up on Google related to the event and found the results while they were still airing 'live'. I just don't understand why they insist on claiming the events are live when they clearly aren't.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

tlombard wrote:Why does NBC insist on saying that they are airing things live when they clearly are not. Do they think we're stupid? Sorry, don't answer that because the answer is yes, too many Americans are stupid. I was watching the snowboarding half pipe last night and they kept saying it was live yet at the same time I happened to look something up on Google related to the event and found the results while they were still airing 'live'. I just don't understand why they insist on claiming the events are live when they clearly aren't.

I'm wondering whether the announcer (foolishly) said it was live when it originally aired, then they forgot to dub it out. Some of the events are carried live. I generally try to look for the live bug, which can be keyed in if it is live.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I swear they had 'Live' on the screen during the snowboarding last night when it was most certainly not live. I could be wrong though.