2018 Golf - Tiger Returns!

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: 2018 Golf - Tiger Returns!

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Curious how the course will play today. Front nine got lit up yesterday but the back played a lot tougher.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Guys

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Tim wrote:Guys
This is something. He is literally 1/4 inch of putts from having the lead. He's also having a hard time keeping his emotions in check. And still keeping it around the pins.

I still think Koepke wins it but man oh man.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

That was so much fun to watch.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Brooks Koepka is a machine.

241 days until the masters

Ryder Cup next month

We are gonna crush

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

To think a year ago Tiger couldn't even swing a golf club and was musing about the career he had if it was over. What a year for him.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Did you see his tears after knocking it close at 16? He's come a long way.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Koepka is amazingly calm. Heard every one of those roars for Tiger and still played bogey free the last 13 holes.

PA_Hiker
Everyday Player

Post by PA_Hiker »

Honesty alert: the best sporting moment of my life was the Cards winning the '06 series after not winning one my entire life (I was born in November of '82). Tiger at the Masters in '05 is a close second.

If Tiger wins another major it will instantly pass anything the Cards could ever do in my lifetime that I could imagine. Even watching today took me back to when I was 14 watching Tiger blitz everyone on the course at the '97 Masters. It was a kind of childish giddy, and I imagine something like Jack Nicklaus fans felt at the Masters in 1986.

I never ever thought he would win another major and I'm now a believer that he will, possibily multiple times, before he's done. That's just incredible, and golf will be the better with he, DJ, Rory, Spieth, Koepka, JT, Day, etc duking it out the next few years.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

What Tiger did yesterday was awesome, glad to see him back and physically able to compete. That 9 iron he hit on 9 is a vintage Tiger shot that I'm guessing few can pull off. Further his putting was vintage Tiger and he was able to make those 5-10 footers when he needed to which is something few talk about but - again, I'm guessing - he really had been struggling with.

Also, what Koepka did was equally impressive. A 64 to close out another major this year. Winning 3 of the last 6 majors he's been in. Dude looked like a robot in the face of some serious pressure from Thomas, Woods, and Scott. It was overshadowed by Tiger's round, but in a vacuum, what Koepka just pulled off is incredible.