2018 Golf - Tiger Returns!

A forum for non-baseball sports
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: 2018 Golf - Tiger Returns!

Post by tlombard »

I ran into one of my friends in the cafeteria yesterday and we were talking about the company golf tournament coming up on June 2, specifically about who we were going to get to replace our lady golfer who is pregnant and due right about tournament time so she'll have to miss. Apparently our options are either a friend who I've heard is really good and shoots in the 70s on average or a girl who played golf in college. I've only met her once at the tournament a couple of years ago but the friend who I was talking to works with her a lot these days and says that if we don't ask her to play with us, she'll probably kick him in the nuts. I think we'll have to go with her.

I've heard she's really good so I just did a quick Google search and apparently she shot an 81 her senior year of high school in the Illinois State 2A sectionals. I think she'll be OK. And if we do go with her, I'll be the only non former college athlete on the team this year.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

A ringer.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Mickelson won something the other day...seems like the first time in about five years.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I started flipping through the channels and saw that they were getting ready to go to extra holes in that tournament. Sounds like I really should have started watching early because there was a dramatic moment or two at the end causing the need for extra holes. The playoff hole wasn't so dramatic though. It was just about over after the tee shot and the cameraman almost stepping right on the other guy's ball. That seemed to unnerve him for sure.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Can't blame him...I get unnerved anytime someone comes close to stepping on my balls; whether they have a camera or not.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Well played.

Edit: I tried to post a GIF of a guy doing a golf clap at a golf tournament but I can't figure out how to make it work.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

One shot back going into Sunday.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Damn, that was fun. That putt on 17 was amazing.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Damn, that was fun. That putt on 17 was amazing.

If he had somehow made that putt on 18, it would have been one of the greatest moments in golf history (hyperbole, I guess).

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I heard that was the highest rated golf telecast in five years, which is crazy if that includes majors like the Masters.