GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 18 19, 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: January 25 18, 4:15 pm 
'Burb Boy

Basically, yes. Or it folds before it ever begins.

PostPosted: January 25 18, 4:37 pm 
MLB.TV Customer Support

Jocephus wrote:
8 teams, 40 man rosters. that's 320. lets give each team 10 "extra players" for tryouts and injuries. that's 400. are there really 400 more NFL fringe players out there? i guess, yes, technically, but how far is the drop?

i realize people go [expletive] nuts for football but seems like talent goes a long way for fan interest, eh? i mean, didn't rockies and tampa bay rays get players from other teams/organizations? at least that's obtaining players who had reached a certain level/expectation.

I'm actually kind of surprised they don't try to go more of an alternative to college football.

I bet you could put together an interesting league with high schoolers who sign a 3 year contract to get paid before trying the NFL, grab fringe NFLers out of college or that wash out after a year or two and run it in the spring. It'd take 5+ years to settle in and get systems and coaches and continuity in place to have a good product on field but could be interesting IMO.

PostPosted: January 25 18, 4:57 pm 
just can't quit you.

The St. Louis team should be the Savages...

PostPosted: January 26 18, 10:35 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Shared A Colony Park With My Sisters And Brother Strummer

PostPosted: January 27 18, 5:58 pm 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

I'd go to a game or two. I could see the market in those fringe cities that arent quite big enough to have mlb, nba, nhl, or nfl teams.

Caravan Rowe

PostPosted: January 27 18, 7:27 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Mustang Pfeiffer

PostPosted: January 29 18, 8:42 am 
tl;dr

I'm torn on this. I still love football even though I refuse to actively support the NFL so I would love to have a local team in this league for even a short time before it folds but at the same time, I am not a fan of Vince M. I can respect his ability to build the wrestling empire he has but I just don't like the man personally. I also don't like his clear focus on appeasing old white men to try and turn them from the NFL with his anthem requirement and 'no criminal' policy. I'll stop just short of racist but there are undertones there. Sure, it is probably a smart way to market his new league with the current state of the nation but I don't like it one bit. If a team were to land here, I would probably lean towards supporting the team just because I miss professional football in town even though the quality will probably be pretty questionably.

PostPosted: January 30 18, 11:15 am 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Running football games on Saturdays mid-January into March might actually fit a void in the athletic year...if the football was watchable.

PostPosted: February 5 18, 12:51 pm 
Perennial All-Star

No anthem protests and no criminal records. I wonder what they're trying to say? I'm waiting for the announcement that stadiums won't be located in inner cities. And the inaugural game will be a matchup between prison guards versus inmates, Longest Yard style.

PostPosted: February 5 18, 3:11 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

Red State Football. Make Football Great Again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next