2018 NFL Offseason Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Thread

Post by Fat Strat »

Socnorb11 wrote:Keenum actually had a better year than Cousins. That's not to say that he's better than Cousins, but he's definitely better value.

Looks like Sammy Watkins will be able to feed his family. That's a ton of money to a wide receiver that has never quite lived up to expectations. That said, if Mahomes is good, their offense should be in great shape.
Re: Watkins. He is our third receiver. Pretty huge upgrade over anyone we have had in that role since.... I don’t even know. Saw an analyst go through every snap of four of his games and he can really get separation and is a huge deep threat. Goff missed him a lot or went elsewhere when he was wide open. His stats didn’t match his performance. I have high hopes.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Fat Strat wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Keenum actually had a better year than Cousins. That's not to say that he's better than Cousins, but he's definitely better value.

Looks like Sammy Watkins will be able to feed his family. That's a ton of money to a wide receiver that has never quite lived up to expectations. That said, if Mahomes is good, their offense should be in great shape.
Re: Watkins. He is our third receiver. Pretty huge upgrade over anyone we have had in that role since.... I don’t even know. Saw an analyst go through every snap of four of his games and he can really get separation and is a huge deep threat. Goff missed him a lot or went elsewhere when he was wide open. His stats didn’t match his performance. I have high hopes.

If Goff missed him plenty, don't you think there's a decent chance that the Chiefs rookie will miss him, as well?

I mean, Watkins is a fine receiver........... but that's a TON of money for a WR.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

Socnorb11 wrote:If Goff missed him plenty, don't you think there's a decent chance that the Chiefs rookie will miss him, as well?

I mean, Watkins is a fine receiver........... but that's a TON of money for a WR.
It is a lot of money, but that's the price of doing business in the NFL. It's also why we traded Smith and quite a few draft picks to get Mahomes. A QB on a rookie deal allows you to pay to turn Albert Wilson (our 4th receiver -- before Conley got hurt -- who got paid #1-2 money in Miami) into someone with real talent.

Watkins and Hill really fit Mahomes well. Two super fast receivers with terrific hands on the wings. Kelce requiring double teams in the middle. Conley -- who is a really underrated possession receiver -- in the slot. That oughta free up the box for Hunt to do his thing. If Mahomes is half as good as the team says he is, Chiefs are going to be hard to stop.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Watkins is getting Antonio Brown / Andre Hopkins money. He's not in their league at all. They don't have a first round draft pick, so they're essentially going all-in, right now, with essentially a rookie QB.

It's risky. We'll see.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

I was not expecting the Packers to release Jordy Nelson and replace him with Jimmy Graham.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

The Rams signed Suh today. It's the exact kind of free agency move I know they never would have made in St. Louis. They gave zero effort in improving the team to anything more than a 7-9 squad just so they could blame fans for attendance and justify a move. It's fraud.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

As a fan from afar, its upsetting for me to see these moves. Peters, Talib, Suh, Goff panning out. Not the karma I expected. At least they’ll play in front of empty stands. Right?

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

now they're trying to get beckham as well.

no way all these freaking good moves happen in st louis lol

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Well they didn't get OBJ but they got Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

Eff 'em.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Well they didn't get OBJ but they got Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

Eff 'em.
Gronk will be next...