'Burb Boy

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Some notes I gleaned from Lou Korac on Twitter. Not a lot here excites me:

-Part rumor, part wishful thinking on his part, but Blues might move up to #4 to get Brady Tkachuk

-Doesn't really see Blues in on Kovalchuk or Pacioretty. Says Pat Maroon could be an option but cost would matter

-Says Blues are positioned to go after Tavares but so are many other teams. He thinks with the Islanders getting Trotz that he's not going anywhere

-Doesn't think the Blues can get another first liner unless they chase one in free agency or give up Parayko. He has Parayko as an untouchable (I would move him in a second for Draisaitl.)

-Does think if the Blue Jackets are interested in moving Panarin, the Blues would probably be in on it.

-Blues say they're set with Allen, but he thinks all options are on the table (I hope so)

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Friedeman says the Blues are getting a lot of calls on Parayko. Someone suggested CP for Edmonton’s 10th pick. He says he doesn’t think that gets it done.

Parayko for Draisaitl or Parayko for RNH + #10. I think it’s quite possible this is as good as he gets. Sure keep him if the offers aren’t good but he’s not untouchable. No one is.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

If they offer Draisaitl, you have to take it.

I personally think that he will outplay Taveras over the life of their contracts. He's six years younger.

There isn't a lot in the league i'd give up for Parayko, but Draisatl is one of 'em.

Plus Tavares is trending to cost $12m a season, and Parayko is 5.5. So if you assume a slot, that's $17.5m for a #1 Center and a #2 D-Man. So you could get Draisatl at 8.5m and still have $9m left over. That means you could sign someone like John Carlson and still be under the cost of Taveras + Parayko.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

like i said earlier...personally i feel parayko is overrated...he is still obv a very very good d-man, but i don't have him in the upper echelon.

that said, he's worth a lot more than the 10th pick in the draft.

i don't see Draisaitl being realistic, but something like MCG said (10th + RNH) seems fair for both sides.

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

cardsfantx wrote:like i said earlier...personally i feel parayko is overrated...he is still obv a very very good d-man, but i don't have him in the upper echelon.

that said, he's worth a lot more than the 10th pick in the draft.

i don't see Draisaitl being realistic, but something like MCG said (10th + RNH) seems fair for both sides.
The value may be there on RNH + 10, but opening a hole on the second pairing isn't worth finding a second line center. RNH is not good enough (imo) to be the centerpiece of a Parayko deal.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I can see that. I think it's close, and I probably still would make the deal for RNH, but it's a fair argument. Biggest struggle for the Blues last year was a lack of a second line. Even if you assume one of the prospects steps up to fill that role, I still think you need two more players. I'm not counting on Fabbri for anything.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Caps move Orpik and Grubauer to Colorado for a 2nd.

Clearing space so they can resign Carlson.