2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

cardsfantx wrote:
General manager Doug Armstrong said a wide net would be cast for a new coach, and that coaches in all parts of the game — AHL, Europe, college, juniors and those currently out of work — would be looked at. "It's not something that's going to be done over the next day or two," Armstrong said. He said it was possible, but not probable, that a coach would be hired in season. Berube will receive consideration.
Yuck; Berube sucks balls...guess it's a season of not making the playoffs
Not arguing, honestly curious... why do you say this? I don't know that much about him other than he coached in the NHL before and seemed to get good results with the kids in our Chicago affiliate.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

GeddyWrox wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
General manager Doug Armstrong said a wide net would be cast for a new coach, and that coaches in all parts of the game — AHL, Europe, college, juniors and those currently out of work — would be looked at. "It's not something that's going to be done over the next day or two," Armstrong said. He said it was possible, but not probable, that a coach would be hired in season. Berube will receive consideration.
Yuck; Berube sucks balls...guess it's a season of not making the playoffs
Not arguing, honestly curious... why do you say this? I don't know that much about him other than he coached in the NHL before and seemed to get good results with the kids in our Chicago affiliate.
oh I'm joking...I honestly know nothing about him other than this racist tidbit that I remembered for some strange reason when was hired...
During a November 1997 game against the Florida Panthers, Berube called Panthers' forward Peter Worrell, who is black, "a monkey." Berube claimed the remark was not racially motivated and he apologized to Worrell a day after the game. The NHL suspended Berube for one game.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Ew. I had forgotten all about that.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Ugh. I don't think that I've ever heard about that one or at least I don't remember it. I don't care why he said what he did, that's not the type of person I want coaching the Blues. St. Louis is already facing an uphill battle with regards to race relations (both real and perceived) nationally so hiring that guy is not a good luck as far as I'm concerned.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

It was 21 years ago, and he apologized directly to the player. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

(But I still prefer to pursue Q.)

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

Normally I’d forgive it for kids/young people types...but a 32 year old white man calling a black man a “monkey” should def know better/knows he’s being racist (apology or not)

And he’s only coached for what? A year and half or 2 years total with the flyers? Gotta be a reason.

A team like the blues can do better/in season or not.

Especially for an organization that has basically admitted they need to reach the playoffs to turn a profit.

I wouldn’t even go down this interm route with him.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

I just...I just...I just...can’t blues anymore

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

The Blues are into some kinky stuff. Its spank or be spanked every game. (usually the latter)

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

I hope they get help from Q!

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Nice TNG reference!! =D> =D> =D>