2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Popeye_Card »

Jocephus wrote:dumb question...5 or 7 games?

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I am really fighting the urge to declare the series over. It sure felt like it last night after the way that game ended.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I feel deflated. The blues never cease to amaze in the ways they can break your heart. I guess we can always point to that game 7 win against the blackhawks in, what, 2016 as a great memory. The rest is just...blah. Obviously not over, but I'm not optimistic.

That said, the flames are down 2-1 and not guaranteed to survive the first round, the Sharks are down 3-1, they won the season series against the Preds. If the Blues can survive this series, they're probably not far from being favorites to win the West.

I just talked myself into thinking they can win it all despite not thinking they can even beat the Jets.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

It is a 2-out-of-3 situation now. The Jets have only really outplayed the Blues in 1 game so far. I feel pretty deflated too, but winning this series is just as easy today as it was from the beginning.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Bottom line is we have to find a way to neutralize the jets' top line. They're killing us.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Last night sucked, but if you would have told me before the series that it would be 2-2 after 4, I'd have taken it. The Jets are good. It happens. They have adjusted to the Blues. Blues need to adjust back. We will see.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I had a good bit of stubble going before the playoffs started, so I decided to give the playoff beard thing a try.

Now, keep in mind, I'm 43 and can't grow a full beard for sh!t. But I wanted to get on the bandwagon.

It's itchy, looks like cr@p, and we've lost two in a row...

SHAVE IT?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

In general, I don't belong anywhere near a hockey thread. But I thought I could be helpful by sharing this from one of my favorite bands. There's no chorus, really, just the line "I -- Hate -- ...":

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

JCShutout wrote:Last night sucked, but if you would have told me before the series that it would be 2-2 after 4, I'd have taken it. The Jets are good. It happens. They have adjusted to the Blues. Blues need to adjust back. We will see.
Lol.....I've learned to have zero expectations when it comes to the Blues. But the "if you would have told me....." lines crack me up.... after going up 2-0 and the Blues started doing their normal thing I first heard "if......we'd be up 2-1 after 3 I'd be ecstatic", now its "if.....we'd be tied 2-2 after 4 I'd have taken it"

What's the line if they go down 3-2?

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardinalkarp wrote:
JCShutout wrote:Last night sucked, but if you would have told me before the series that it would be 2-2 after 4, I'd have taken it. The Jets are good. It happens. They have adjusted to the Blues. Blues need to adjust back. We will see.
Lol.....I've learned to have zero expectations when it comes to the Blues. But the "if you would have told me....." lines crack me up.... after going up 2-0 and the Blues started doing their normal thing I first heard "if......we'd be up 2-1 after 3 I'd be ecstatic", now its "if.....we'd be tied 2-2 after 4 I'd have taken it"

What's the line if they go down 3-2?
Probably the same line I give after every playoff loss.

[expletive] Blues. [expletive] [expletive]. Same [expletive] every [expletive] year. [expletive] you, you miserable [expletive].

I hope we win Saturday.