2018-19 NBA Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2018-19 NBA Thread

Post by 33anda3rd »

We all are forgetting about Indiana, who somehow keeps winning post-Dipo injury. I haven't paid much attention to them the last few weeks but every time I look at the box scores they've won another.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

8 point possession thanks to Draymond plus a KD-on-a-ghost-twitter-account meltdown from former Blazer Steve Kerr sealed the game for the Blazers last night. Perhaps it wasn't a flagrant foul, but I don't know how much doubt you could benefit a serial nut-punching karate kicker. Wasn't a basketball play anyway. And KD should have been t'd up for another foul on Collins on the next possession. The Warriors were bullying Zach Collins all game with hard fouls and isht talk and it cost those classy geniuses the game. Beautiful stuff.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Hey 3....... what do you make of the James Harden thing. Impressive? Gross? Flukey?

I look at the box scores, and he's pretty regularly a negative (which isn't always a good indicator, I know). The guy's an incredible scorer, but I can't help but think that his team would be better if he'd just score within the flow of the game.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

That seemed likely to happen for a while

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

This is good. I've heard David Griffin's name mentioned as a possible GM, which would be okay.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

McCrowe - did Demps deserve that, or is he just a scapegoat? I haven't followed the organization closely enough to evaluate.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Yeah, no problem with pushing Demps out. He made a lot of bad trades and signings that hindered the team's ability to compete. I think a lot of it was that Tom Benson didn't want to wait around for a winner. The Asik trade was bad and his contract extension was worse. Ajinca and Solomon Hill were bad signings. He had some good moves too, but he definitely didn't get the results needed.

This wasn't entirely Demps' watch, but the Hornets/Pelicans had CP3 or AD for 13 consecutive years. They made the playoffs five times and won two playoff series. That's not good enough.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Hang in there. Denver's situation looked pretty hopeless, even 4 years ago. Things can turn around more quickly than you imagine, especially if you get the right GM in place. There's hope, even for small markets.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Oh I'm not worried at all. There are high spots. Last year's sweep of the Blazers was crazy fun. They didn't embarrass themselves against the Dubs. Maybe things even look different if Boogie doesn't tear his Achilles.

I'm glad most of the basketball community outside of Lakers fans realize that Demps' firing had nothing to do with not accepting the Lakers bucket of trash for AD.

On an unrelated note, I'm hoping the NBA will back off its stance of forcing the Pelicans to play him or risk penalty.