2018-19 NBA Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
MAGA
All-Star

Re: 2018-19 NBA Thread

Post by MAGA »

people forget LeBron’s motor has been nosediving the past 4 years according to tracking data. He expends all energy on the offensive end and is bad on defense both as a helper and individual defense. LA currently has nothing to change or mitigate it. If this is a 4 year plan, you have to wonder what kind of player he will be in 4 years. He has a bad back that takes hours of preparation to get ready for games.

Looks like LAL signed Rondo and cut Randle. I think randle can be moved in a S&T.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

renounce seems like a harsh word

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Jocephus wrote:renounce seems like a harsh word

I'm not gonna lie......... the same thing crossed my mind. :D

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

MAGA wrote:people forget LeBron’s motor has been nosediving the past 4 years according to tracking data. He expends all energy on the offensive end and is bad on defense both as a helper and individual defense. LA currently has nothing to change or mitigate it. If this is a 4 year plan, you have to wonder what kind of player he will be in 4 years. He has a bad back that takes hours of preparation to get ready for games.

Looks like LAL signed Rondo and cut Randle. I think randle can be moved in a S&T.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2338 ... opes-alive

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

“Strategic rest”
It was this crap all year long. And in the playoffs

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

That's pretty cold of the Lakers. Trump, as monstrous as he is, wouldn't even renounce David Duke.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

So the Lakers have built a superteam of Rajon Rondo, Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson, and Lebron......... along with a bunch of mediocre youth?

At this point, that roster isn't better than the one that he had in Cleveland last year......... and he'll have to compete in an actual NBA conference next year.

They're obviously trying to preserve cap space for '19-'20, but as already mentioned, Lebron will be 35 by then. It just seems like a really weird plan, for Lebron and for the Lakers.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

New Orleans doesn't renounce Randle. : )

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Bottenfield, have no fear. You got Curry

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

You guys Brandon Ingram is going to be awesome, he's not some so-so kid. He took a big step forward last year and still isn't old enough to crack a cold one.

Lonzo Ball was a bad shooter, who got better as the season progressed before his injury. He played good defense, and averaged 7+ boards and 7.5 assists and 1.8 steals and only 2.8 turnovers (awesome for a rookie PG) per 36 minutes.

Kuzma was an excellent scorer for a rookie. 16 and 6 per game as a rookie is very good.

I'm extremely miffed that they renounced Randle who was arguably the best player on that team. Not sure what they think they gain with Rondo other than veteran leadership that LeBron already provides. I really like Randle, he's a good add for NOP.