2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by thrill »

I wanted a poll so had to start a new thread. I'm picking the Warriors but this is the first year I think they're actually vulnerable. Age, fatigue, chemistry, it's all suspect at this point. The Rockets are deep and the road to the WCF is going to be the toughest since this dynasty started. There are just fewer easier outs where they can sleep through a round or two.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by CardsofSTL »

I went with the Bucks.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I don’t want but picked the Rockets.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

as an uber casual fan, can some explain why it wouldn't be the warriors again?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Jocephus wrote:as an uber casual fan, can some explain why it wouldn't be the warriors again?
I am probably more casual of a fan that you when it comes to NBA; any sport but baseball really...but even I am bored of the Warriors.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Jocephus wrote:as an uber casual fan, can some explain why it wouldn't be the warriors again?
Age & Fatigue - They've played more games and minutes than anyone not named LeBron each of the last 5 years. They're all getting up there, but Draymond is a shadow of his former self but still carriers himself like a superstar. Which leads to...
Chemistry Issues - Draymond still throws his weight around the locker room like he did when he was an all-NBA guy. He and Durant have had issues forever. Everyone thinks Durant is leaving and he hasn't done anything to nip that in the bud and the drama takes away from the team. They play best (IMO) when the big three on the court is Steph, Klay, and Boogie, but because of the stature of Durant and Draymond, they rarely roll with that lineup for long.
Their Bench - It's thinner than it's ever been and with age, injury risk, and the depth in the western conference, they will be more physically challenged than they have in any of their runs.

But like I said, I'm not picking against them.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Is the NBA-sphere remembering how inconceivably unlucky the Rockets got in that run of missed 3s last post-season and conversely how lucky the Warriors were?

These teams aren't those teams. Some players have left, teams are older, yada yada, Thrill said it.

But the general consensus from my NBA friends is that the Warriors feel somewhat vulnerable for the first time.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I like whoever exhibited the Nuggets optimism. Their five best guys--Murray, Jokic, Millsap, Harris, Barton--only got 403 minutes on the court together this season because of injury and are outscoring teams by 10 points per 100 possessions with that five on the floor. Also: Beasley, Craig, Monte got good minutes in this year and have become valuable contributors. On the downside, other than a close win in the very early going vs a Dubs team coming from Utah the game before, the Nuggets have come across the Dubs like 3X this year where the Dubs had something to prove and IIRC all three of those games were over before the fourth quarter began.

I am curbing my enthusiasm re the Bucks. Great scoring margin, lousy strength of schedule. 15% of their games were v Bulls, Cavs, Knicks, Suns. I want it to happen.

The Dubs are still the prohibitive favorites. How many hard minutes did Iguodala play this year? 120? Anyone watching Boogie? His footwork looks goooooood. He's playing great, still a top-20 talent in this league.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

33anda3rd wrote:I like whoever exhibited the Nuggets optimism.
Shout out socnorb

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:I like whoever exhibited the Nuggets optimism.
Shout out socnorb

Yeah, it was me....... but it's certainly not an act of bravado. I've believed in them for 40 years. Why would I not believe in them when they're actually (finally) legit? 33 is correct though.....The Nuggets still curl up in a corner when they face the Warriors.

The Bucks are a nice team, but anybody coming out of the East is going to have to prove themselves before I'll buy them as an actual contender. Personally, I think the Bucks would have finished 4th of 5th in the West.