2018 NFL Season Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by wart57 »

The Rams Defense caused 5 turnovers and scored 14 points..... and still gave up 51 points to the Chiefs...

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

kareem hunt...yikes

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

as long as he doesn't make a political statement he can play as long as he wants

in august
Chiefs owner Clark Hunt also addressed the player's character at that time.

"Kareem is a young man, second year in the league, obviously had a very big year on the field last year," Clark Hunt said. "I'm sure he learned some lessons this offseason and hopefully won't be in those kind of situations in the future."
cover cover cover, money money money

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Jocephus wrote:as long as he doesn't make a political statement he can play as long as he wants

Ray Rice says hello.

Tyreek Hill has a history of violence against women, as well. Helluva locker room they're building there.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i knew there'd be a response

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Player gets arrested TWICE in the last year for domestic violence, cut from his team and immediately signs with another.

Player puts out a well thought out statement explaining his reasons for kneeling during the National Anthem and he's blackballed. Seriously, NATHAN [expletive] PETERMAN has a workout with the Broncos scheduled and he's not 1/33454324th of the player that Kaepernick was and probably still is.

The NFL can suck my balls. They just keep giving me more and more reasons to hate them... and I hate that because I love football and really don't want to hate the league anymore. If they would do just one actual decent thing that isn't based on political or financial gain they could probably get me back as a fan. A large part of me really, really wants to be a fan again but they keep doing the exact opposite.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

tlombard wrote:Player gets arrested TWICE in the last year for domestic violence, cut from his team and immediately signs with another.

Player puts out a well thought out statement explaining his reasons for kneeling during the National Anthem and he's blackballed. Seriously, NATHAN [expletive] PETERMAN has a workout with the Broncos scheduled and he's not 1/33454324th of the player that Kaepernick was and probably still is.

The NFL can suck my balls. They just keep giving me more and more reasons to hate them... and I hate that because I love football and really don't want to hate the league anymore. If they would do just one actual decent thing that isn't based on political or financial gain they could probably get me back as a fan. A large part of me really, really wants to be a fan again but they keep doing the exact opposite.

I'm not sure who you're references in your first sentence.

Regardless, if Kaepernick was a really good player like Hunt, he'd have a job. That's kinda what it boils down to, really. Other players have done what Kaepernick did, and they're all still employed.

Edit: Nevermind.... I picked up on who you're referring to in your first sentence.
Last edited by Socnorb11 on November 30 18, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Redskins have made it clear they will wait for Foster's situation to play out, both legally and in the NFL. They said there's no guarantee Foster ever plays for Washington.

"We got people who are in high, high, high, high places that have done far worse, if you look at it realistically," Williams said during the radio interview Thursday. "And they're still up there. This is small potatoes [compared to] a lot of things out there. But at the same time, it's a big issue in America today, whether or not it's in football, whether or not it's in everyday life, whether or not it's in politics, it's out there."
we don't have to have standards 'cause other people are worse!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2541 ... e-comments

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Was Dougie Boy taking a shot at Trump and his crew in that absurd statement? I think he was. His statement is still an abomination though.

Also, I didn't list his name the first time because I was having a brain cramp and couldn't remember Rueben Foster. I was too lazy to look it up at the time.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Hunt cut