2018 NFL Season Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

NOT THE OFFSEASON THREAD ANYMORE!!!

I immediately took New England -3 at CHI this week. I also really like KC -5.5 vs Cincy. Tell me I'm not crazy.

In other news...

Bell is still holding out.
The Bills are going to start Derek Anderson (who they signed last week) or Nathan Peterman who has thrown 11.4% of his career passes for interceptions.
I wish Al Davis was around to hang out with Jon Gruden.

tlombard
tl;dr

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by tlombard »

Any time I had a problem and threw a molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Seems like this holdout has really hurt Bell's image. His replacement has been very successful, which really hurts Bell's value now, and probably in the future.

I think he ends up on the short end of this deal.

InvincibleCakeEater

Socnorb11 wrote:Seems like this holdout has really hurt Bell's image. His replacement has been very successful, which really hurts Bell's value now, and probably in the future.

He's healthy and will have not had another years worth of the Steelers abusing him. He's gonna get PAID.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Seems like this holdout has really hurt Bell's image. His replacement has been very successful, which really hurts Bell's value now, and probably in the future.

He's healthy and will have not had another years worth of the Steelers abusing him. He's gonna get PAID.

That's the theory. Elite RB's aren't viewed as essential, like they used to be, and his absence has kinda confirmed that for the Steelers. We'll see.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Stats don't tell the whole story. Maybe Conner puts up similar numbers, but Bell attracts way more attention from defenses to open things up for everyone else. Bell and Antonio Brown on the field together is impossible to defend.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Stats don't tell the whole story. Maybe Conner puts up similar numbers, but Bell attracts way more attention from defenses to open things up for everyone else. Bell and Antonio Brown on the field together is impossible to defend.
Pittsburgh is putting up significantly more points per game and yards per game than they did last year, FWIW.

InvincibleCakeEater

Socnorb11 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:Stats don't tell the whole story. Maybe Conner puts up similar numbers, but Bell attracts way more attention from defenses to open things up for everyone else. Bell and Antonio Brown on the field together is impossible to defend.
Pittsburgh is putting up significantly more points per game and yards per game than they did last year, FWIW.
It's almost like the entire NFL is...

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

Socnorb11 wrote:

Pittsburgh was 8th in pts./game last year. They're 7th so far this year.

It's pretty hard to make a case that their offense has been worse without Bell.

Personally, I'm hoping that Bell returns, and soon. I have him on my $50 fantasy team (drafted him 4th overall), which is teetering on the edge of playoff contention without him.

InvincibleCakeEater

Socnorb11 wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:

Pittsburgh was 8th in pts./game last year. They're 7th so far this year.

It's pretty hard to make a case that their offense has been worse without Bell.

Personally, I'm hoping that Bell returns, and soon. I have him on my $50 fantasy team (drafted him 4th overall), which is teetering on the edge of playoff contention without him.
Hard to make a case, because it's a dumb case. It's about how much better they could be with him.