2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tim wrote:So why are ratings down? All the star power out West? No LeBron? I really like watching Milwaukee

Probably something to do with today's players violating the unwritten rules about how to play the game right.

And that is a joke. Laugh you bastards. LAUGH!

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

More people should vote for the Bucks

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Tim wrote:So why are ratings down? All the star power out West? No LeBron? I really like watching Milwaukee
Because no one can beat Golden State. Playoff LeBron isn’t there. The playoffs are a joke given the imbalance of the league.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Houston, fully healthy, with everyone clear on their roles, has been the toughest team to beat the last couple months and has a very good shot at beating the Dubs, even better than last year. So I don't buy the "no one can beat Golden State" narrative.

Mainly those TV numbers are because we are barely halfway through the first round. The NCAA tourney is over, the Final Four numbers are in. Boston-Indy? C'mon. The only men who are worse closers than the Pacers are the sadsacks in Glengarry Glen Ross. This MIL-DET series is a demonstration of the pure lousiness of the East. Detroit is more outmatched by Milwaukee than the Nuggets, Spurs, Rockets, Blazers would be vs the Dubs. Thunder-Blazers was the most watched show on TV Tuesday night, even beat out the Real Housewives.

Let's wait til the dust settles and we've had 6-7 games of Houston-GS and we've had BOS-MIL and we've had SAS-POR and we've had POR-GS/HOU and then let's check in on TV ratings.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:The last time I thought there was maybe a puncher's chance was the year Wes popped his Achilles.
How you feeling?

Dame has been devastatingly good in this series. Like, full on FYM mode.

Also this: https://sports.theonion.com/dedicated-r ... 1834245658

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

That 37 foot three over the probable defensive player of the year from Dame, followed by him waving goodbye across the court to Westbrook, was an incredible moment, BFOD, and I hope that you found room in your cold dead-to-the-NBA heart in this predetermined season to take a great deal of joy in it.

I mean the above in the nicest way. That was a remarkable performance by a remarkable underrated player in an incredible game. Hope you enjoyed it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Dame can pierce the bitterest heart.

The only thing bad about that shot was PG's disgraceful response. Dame could control so many things out there: getting a cleaner shot, not letting the refs or any other defenders engage, having the perfect podium for the series' final gesture, and very importantly: the clock. Also he was white flame hot and he hits from there. Overtime with CJ finally going and PG and Westbrook with 5 fouls, at home with all the momentum would have been fine--I'd rather that shot as the buzzer goes than any chance of a steal, a bad call, or OKC otherwise getting the ball back with any time at all. Hell, even if CJ took it.

And I'm not used to writing Blazers fan fiction from the 'what if it hadn't gone right?' perspective.

Pure magic. A 'this is why I do sports' moment from a Blazer legend (already).