2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I think it's perfectly reasonable based on his appearance to question Jokic's fitness, but in game 100 he was still putting in 40 hard minutes. So instead his chubby middle schooler body is just part of his interesting and unique appeal.

I also thought he should have posted up more. Aminu and Harkless had shifts on him. We really had only a fasting one armed man known as a notoriously bad defender to guard him (though Collins came on late in the series). As much as Denver killed us on the offensive glass, if Kanter wasn't in because of foul trouble, it would have been worse. The world doesn't need any more James Hardens, but Jokic could tear through a bench.

I really like Gary Harris. Kind of a bonehead on offense sometimes, but he is as good a defender as I've seen all year. Elite.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

33anda3rd wrote:Jokic was the breakout star of the playoffs. No center averages 9 assists, that's just crazy. Not only will MPJ not be as good as Jokic, guys like Ben Simmons and Donovan Mitchell won't be as good as Jokic. I just want him to be more assertive. He should back smaller guys down more, use that soft touch around the rim. He loves to pass, but maybe a bit too much to the point where it's like "eh, I'd kinda rather you shoot than Will Barton."

I get what you're saying. MPJ is 6'10" though, can handle the rock, can shoot, and is athletic. He essentially has Kevin Durant's skillset. I'm not going to say he'll be Kevin Durant, but something close to that is the upside.

Jokic is as fun as he is good. I hope there's a statue of him outside the Pepsi Center one day. He took a huge step this year toward being more aggressive, He just turned 24, so I think there will be another step in that direction.

Is anybody outside of Caifornia not rooting for the Blazers, at this point? Portland vs. Milwaukee or Toronto is going to be a network disaster. I hope it happens.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

I see Warriors t-shirts every day here in New North Bay. It's part of their plan to crush my spirits in both my dreams of home ownership and NBA championship glory.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

After listening to CJ’s podcast i might have internally just switched my nba affiliation to Portland.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Chicago, LA, and NY missing out on Zion and Ja feels great.

Well, mostly the last 2.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jokic is in shape. He played a ton of minutes and never looked bad. He played 67 minutes in Game 3 then came back in Game 4 and had a triple double, shot great, played great D over 38 minutes, then had 28 and 19 in Game 5. He's just, as Shaq used to say of himself, "never gonna look like a salad eater."

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Does Golden State have the worst crowd in the league? Is it a bunch of SV types who are afraid they won't be able to smell their own farts if it gets too loud? Distractingly quiet. Shamefully quiet.

Denver wasn't selling out, but their team was probably aware there were fans there.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Of course. Bandwagon fans

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

MAGA wrote:Of course. Bandwagon fans
I don't know enough about it. My guess is the real fans aren't in the seats there. That is a very lame crowd.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
MAGA wrote:Of course. Bandwagon fans
I don't know enough about it. My guess is the real fans aren't in the seats there. That is a very lame crowd.
Exactly.