2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by 33anda3rd »

That's mean of Kemba to lie to those kids like that.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Tim wrote:Kemba won’t be a Knick, to the detriment of the Hornets
My brain is interpreting this in 2 ways and i can’t unloop it without your help.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

If Kemba stays in CHA, it's bad for CHA. It's too much salary, esp for Kemba. Kemba's not as good as Beal or Klay, and inexplicably was voted 3rd team All-NBA over both of them* this year by the writers, giving him the right to get a supermax that Klay and Beal didn't get. So CHA would have to give Kemba all the money to get him to stay in CHA and play with a team whose second best player next year is.....Miles Bridges? And because of Biyombo, Zeller, and Marvin Williams money plus a Kemba supermax they can't really add more than another Biyombo/Zeller/Williams type to the mix. So they're relying on Monk and Bridges and Dwayne Bacon and Devonte Graham to give them something. That has lottery written all over it, even in the East.

*Kemba scores more than Klay, is about the only thing you can say there.
Player / FG% / 3P% / FT% / HT / WT / +++
Klay / 46.7% / 40.2% / 81.6% / 6'7" / 235lb / Can guard four positions, 3 rings, high-character battler
Kemba / 43.4% / 35.6% / 84.4% / 6'1" / 184lb / Can't guard his own position, no demonstrated intangibles
Kemba's eligible for an extra $30MM that Klay is not because of the All-NBA third team thing. Super awful vote on that one this year.

In a world in which every good team can switch 4-5 guys on the floor at all times--MIL, GSW, TOR, HOU, BOS, PHI, can all switch like crazy--a guy like Kemba doesn't have the shine he once did. Just scoring 25.6 isn't good enough any more. Kemba on a playoff team against, say Kawhi, would mean every possession Kawhi goes "where's Kemba? Ok, he's over there. Lemme get a switch on to Kemba" and then it's just barbecue chicken time for Kawhi on Kemba. It's what he did to Bledsoe in the Milwaukee series. He did it to Mike Scott in the conference semis every time Mike Scott was on the floor and Mike Scott's a bigger guy than Kemba. Kemba on a serious contender is a defensive liability. He's overrated, he's gonna get a heap of money, he's not going to be worth it. He Steph without special offensive skills.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

That’s basically what i was thinking Tim meant.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

The supermax thing was supposed to make guys stay, reduce superstar movement. It had the opposite impact. Now guys like Davis, Kyrie, PG13, they just tell their team "trade me, I'm not going to sign an extension" and they end up moving before their rookie contract or rookie extension deal is up. But then on the other hand teams end up overpaying some guys to stay and it ends up being bad. Charlotte IMO should be happy to part w/ Kemba. A 5 year deal with an AAV of forty four point two million dollars for a guy my size who would gets cooked on D regularly? An undersized scoring-dependent PG who lives off the mid-range jumper in today's game where everything is at the rim or at the 3P line? $44.2MM/year? No thank you. But he might get it because he's literally the best Charlotte can do for that money. We can go right down that line and check Charlotte off the list for all of them: KD, Kawhi, Boogie, Klay, Kyrie, Butler, Kristaps, Vooch, Tobias, Middleton, D'Angelo, Horford, Gasol, Randle, Brogdon, none of them is NC-bound. That team's best possible outcome is to overpay Kemba and be a 42-win team for a few more years.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

lukethedrifter wrote:That’s basically what i was thinking Tim meant.
Bingo bango

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Jocephus wrote:as an uber casual fan, can some explain why it wouldn't be the warriors again?
Remember how God got really pissed at the Israelites, when Moses came down the mountain and they were praying to golden cows? Well my theory is the Basketball Gods are going to get back from this very long vacation they've been on while things like Kawhi and Chris Paul getting hurt have been happening even as Durant, Chess Move Boogie and the Golden State Super Courageous-ors are urinating all over the concept of meaningful competition and proving anything whatsoever at all. They are going to be PISSED, the Basketball Gods. Even though Golden State passes a lot, which according to so many makes it okay that the league is a joke: PISSED.

That's why it wouldn't be.

And then there will be one thing religion didn't poison.
And boom goes the something or other.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:And boom goes the something or other.
Some thing and the other: Klay's ACL and Durant's achilles.

Anyway, cool, right? Now the league doesn't get 2 of the best 15 players next year but it's worth it because we don't have some pesky super team made up of highly entertaining world class athletes with burner Twitter accounts for talking [expletive] and hollerin' at the shorties. Next year will be great without them, like if we could have had the Olympics without the Dream Team so Angola's fans could win. Angola's fans should win. They deserve it. If we could just shape the Olympics for Angola fans, that would be ideal, at least that's what I read on an Angola fan blog. Should be a really entertaining season without KD and Klay and the Dubs. I bet the Finals will have a huge TV draw for Wisconsin City of < 600K People vs Villainous Texas Flopper Who Is Ruining Basketball Via Analytics-Encouraged Referee Manipulation.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

33anda3rd wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:And boom goes the something or other.
Some thing and the other: Klay's ACL and Durant's achilles.

Anyway, cool, right? Now the league doesn't get 2 of the best 15 players next year but it's worth it because we don't have some pesky super team made up of highly entertaining world class athletes with burner Twitter accounts for talking [expletive] and hollerin' at the shorties. Next year will be great without them, like if we could have had the Olympics without the Dream Team so Angola's fans could win. Angola's fans should win. They deserve it. If we could just shape the Olympics for Angola fans, that would be ideal, at least that's what I read on an Angola fan blog. Should be a really entertaining season without KD and Klay and the Dubs. I bet the Finals will have a huge TV draw for Wisconsin City of < 600K People vs Villainous Texas Flopper Who Is Ruining Basketball Via Analytics-Encouraged Referee Manipulation.
Olympic men's basketball is actually insanely boring. I actually liked it much better pre-1992.

I'm not glad that KD and Klay are hurt. I was looking forward to seeing what Durant could do with the Knicks.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Kd’s career is pretty much over. At least the physical player kd was. He can return sure. But it’s at a minimum 1 year recovery time to get back to physical activities and then there’s still rehab. Plus the mental worry about blowing it out with every step which takes time. He’ll be LeBron current age by the time he’s 100% if he ever gets there.

In short. Peace out kd. The Achilles is what got the best fighter to ever live some million years ago and it’ll be what got the ... guy named kd that ranks somewhere between the best basketball player to ever live and the worst ever