2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Is it fair to compare Steph's Warriors to Jordan's Bulls before Durant leaves? I guess as ultimate teams of their era (this era being ridiculous). It would be fun to have Steph back. I sure hope this is the last ride.

Oh, I just saw Chess Move Boogie went down. Honestly, I wouldnt want that. But it will be hilarious to see Warriors fans asctericize these playoffs, if they have to, or frame this as a true underdog story.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Is it fair to compare Steph's Warriors to Jordan's Bulls before Durant leaves? I guess as ultimate teams of their era (this era being ridiculous). It would be fun to have Steph back. I sure hope this is the last ride.

Oh, I just saw Chess Move Boogie went down. Honestly, I wouldnt want that. But it will be hilarious to see Warriors fans asctericize these playoffs, if they have to, or frame this as a true underdog story.
What is this word?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Is it fair to compare Steph's Warriors to Jordan's Bulls before Durant leaves? I guess as ultimate teams of their era (this era being ridiculous). It would be fun to have Steph back. I sure hope this is the last ride.

What is this word?
Damn, I guess I have to fold my hand on grammar/bad language. Can you at least take another shot at my mental health for good measure?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

it took me a second but realized it's asterisk with a suffix

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

You guys gotta give BFOD a break. Blazers fans have spent more years in NBA hell as the playoff team with zero chance of winning a title than almost any other organization in professional sports. That'll do a number on your POV of the league. It's hilarious. They always have a Lillard and/or McCollum-level player or two that gets them in but they never get anyone good enough to help them break through, usually because they pass on them in the draft for [expletive] bigs.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

What is this word?
Damn, I guess I have to fold my hand on grammar/bad language. Can you at least take another shot at my mental health for good measure?
Hunh? I just don’t know what that word is. Figured it got autocorrected to that lettersalad.

Edit: I think I’m following now. Orig thought you were going for ostracize.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Totally fair to compare them to Jordan's Bulls who added the best European player in NBA history at that time and a top-12 or so all-time PF for their second run. They don't win the last three without those great talents, though the internet is quite silent about what that Bulls team did to get the second threepeat.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

What is this word?
Hunh? I just don’t know what that word is. Figured it got autocorrected to that lettersalad.

Edit: I think I’m following now. Orig thought you were going for ostracize.
Sometimes you conclude these posts with, 'have you thought about getting help?' As bitter and as surly as I post, in here especially, it's not unfair. I can handle it l. But having posted about my struggles with anxiety, it's probably poor form. I thought you were being grammar police and got defensive.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Sometimes you conclude these posts with, 'have you thought about getting help?' As bitter and as surly as I post, in here especially, it's not unfair. I can handle it l. But having posted about my struggles with anxiety, it's probably poor form. I thought you were being grammar police and got defensive.
I didn't know you had those issues, Saigon, and I apologize if I ever chose my words poorly.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

33anda3rd wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Sometimes you conclude these posts with, 'have you thought about getting help?' As bitter and as surly as I post, in here especially, it's not unfair. I can handle it l. But having posted about my struggles with anxiety, it's probably poor form. I thought you were being grammar police and got defensive.
I didn't know you had those issues, Saigon, and I apologize if I ever chose my words poorly.
No, no. I appreciate that. But I really, really don't want to make this sound like I get a pass or everyone has to use fluffier boxing gloves or anything. I posted in social some time ago about my anxiety hoping it might help or provoke thought or something. Luke probably didn't see it either. But getting told to seek help rubbed me the wrong way: on principle more than personally.

Anyway, I've successfully derailed NBA again.

I think the Warriors will win. It does not please me.