Stanley Cup Finals 2019: Blues v. Bruins

A forum for non-baseball sports
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Stanley Cup Finals 2019: Blues v. Bruins

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Popeye_Card wrote:
heyzeus wrote:So happy, I almost can ignore the flaming bag of poodle poop t hat is the Cardinals.
I've almost completely ignored the Cardinals ever since the playoffs started.
same.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
heyzeus wrote:So happy, I almost can ignore the flaming bag of poodle poop t hat is the Cardinals.
I've almost completely ignored the Cardinals ever since the playoffs started.
same.
Who?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I have a friend who is from Boston but lived here for about 10 years. He's back up in Boston now, but he knows the Blues team very well. He lives and dies Bruins - way more than the Sox even - and he sent me a message this morning that he thinks they don't match up too well against us. Said he's worried the layoff will cool off Tukka, too. He called Blues in 6.

I told him he already has a cup and he should share the wealth. LOL

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

As a hockey know-nothing, I can only guess and observe trends.
Taransenko finding the goal has been major. It seems to come in bunches with him, and they are happening at the right time
Defensively, Blues seemed to have trouble 1st game SJ adapting to different (and much better) offense than Dallas. But they adapted and eventually shut down Couture.

Also a big fan of the mix of experience and young guys the Blues have. Thomas & Blais have been great, Bruins have to worry about them.

San Jose was a good prep team to build against and make adjustments before the Bruins.

Still need the puck to bounce right. Wondering -anyone look at metrics for hockey? Wondering Who had the luck in SJ Blues.

Also, Binnington. Seems unflappable but you never know. Game 1 seems big to keeping his mojo going.

And damn me for all the jinxed here

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I am struggling with where to watch the game on Monday night but I think I'm going to watch at the same bar I watched from on Tuesday. Can't mess with what works right? I had a great time with the group who gathers there for almost every single game all year but I also would like to share the experience with some other friends who I might not be able to get to come to this bar for various reasons.

But as of now, I'm going back to where I watched it Tuesday as I said I would. They were a fun group to watch the game with and are definitely HUGE fans. It was awesome how prepared they were for the game and storm combination. At least one guy, maybe two, brought a battery powered radio in case the power went out. Another guy brought a Firestick in case DirecTV went out. Unfortunately he found out about half an hour before the game started that the Internet at the bar wasn't fast enough to stream through the NBC Sports app. I saw that it wasn't working so I offered up the use of the hotspot on my phone and it worked great. That is how we had to watch over 90% of the game because DirecTV went out before the game even started! It paused and buffered once during the second intermission and once in the post game but otherwise it worked beautifully. I think I'll at least watch there Monday and then we'll see where I watch after that.

I have the company golf tournament the morning of Game 3 so that will be interesting. I'll have to pace myself all day to make it since the tournament starts at 8am so the first beers will be cracked open before the first tee. If the sun it out and it's a warm one, that makes for a long day.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Monday can't get here soon enough.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

The bandwagon hopping fans (like me ) will be whoa wtf when seeing 6'9" Chara out there.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Freed Roger wrote:The bandwagon hopping fans (like me ) will be whoa wtf when seeing 6'9" Chara out there.
He's also 42 and missed a game in their last series. I think he's vulnerable. Blues need to hunt him like they did Burns and Karlson for the sharks.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Is it fair to say Brad Marchand is the most hated player in the NHL? He seems to enjoy picking a target to throw them off their game, so I'm curious what his approach will be for this series. Would love to see him get roughed up/embarrassed, as he's done some extremely sh*tty things throughout his career.

Also looks like the majority of folks are picking the Bruins. That obviously means nothing, but the idea of losing another championship series to a Boston team is just too much.