GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 20 19, 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: August 6 19, 2:01 pm 
MacGyver of Underwear

sighyoung wrote:
cardsfantx wrote:
seems about right...just leaves barbie, correct?

anyone know what's left cap-wise now?

According to this site, about $1.9 million: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blues

I think that includes 8 defensemen, so add $700k when someone (Pouliot) is sent down, so $2.6m If Barbie wants $1.75-2/y for 4 years, that leaves, at best, just under a million under the cap.

If the Blues and Maroon wanted a reunion, he would have to take close to a million which is a rough pay cut (He would replace a $750k salary in MacEachern or $760k in Kyrou) and leave the Blues with basically zero wiggle room. A million under is already tighter than what Armstrong said he wanted. (He likes a $2m cushion.)

EDIT: Barring a trade and I doubt we will see one, the Blues sign Barbashev and are done. I think DA likes this team and the defensive depth Eddy brings, and I'm guessing both JayBo and Eddy are gone next year, unless Eddy resigns for about the same $, so there should be money enough for Schenn, Petro and Dunn.

PostPosted: August 15 19, 7:26 am 
MacGyver of Underwear

...or not sign Barbashev...

I wonder if that's why Maroon hasn't signed. Knows if Barbie bolts then that spot (and $) is his.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10